Screenshot Discussion Thread

Advanced OpenGL source port fork from ZDoom, picking up where ZDoomGL left off.
[Home] [Download] [Git builds (Win)] [Git builds (Mac)] [Wiki] [Repo] [Bugs&Suggestions]

Moderator: Graf Zahl

justin023

Post by justin023 »

You are right, those crates are plain. I should make all of the crates in any given area a new same kind of crate. The area in that photo needs new ones bad. I have already modified those red q2 crates to a black and white crate w/ more contrast and it looks way better than the doom ones. There are also some similar looking q1 crates I could do the same to. There is so much detail in map01 that to compensate for those new areas, I deleted a bunch of stuff.
Phobus

Post by Phobus »

As you are using 3D floors, do you think it might be possible just to indent the centre parts of the doom crates to make them a bit more interesting?
justin023

Post by justin023 »

Only if the angles of the edges of the crate are parallel to 0 or 90. There are a few places I could try this.
wildweasel
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by wildweasel »

If you're using Doombuilder, you can just construct the crate normally (i.e. parallel to 0/90 degrees), then select all the sectors of the crate and press R to rotate the sectors. If it stitches the vertices afterwards, then Undo ought to work I think.
justin023

Post by justin023 »

Actually I just realized how I could do it even if the sides of the crate aren't parallel to 0 or 90. But the thing is that the slope might not be exactly the way I want it. If the sides are 0 or 90, the slope is guaranteed to be right. I don't really use doom builder much for map editing. I think deep is by far the best map editor around.
dr-clim

Post by dr-clim »

Paul

Post by Paul »

The latter is a work-in-progress.
Enjay
Developer
Developer

Post by Enjay »

dr-clim wrote:where is this trust wad? [ http://www.zen64060.zen.co.uk/tqtrust2.jpg ]
The original is here

http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=11101

Comparison shot

The original is quite old and has some minor problems with newer Zdooms (I think things like steam vents spawn on the floor instead of the ceiling, or something like that) but AFAIK, it's still playable.

The one from the pic originally posted is just me messing with the original and only exists on my HD.
Lexus Alyus

Post by Lexus Alyus »

Your modified version does look quite sweet. I always liked the Quake 2 sky boxes... its possible for one to do a complete quake 2 mod now... all we need is model support :D.
dr-clim

Post by dr-clim »

How did you blur the sky?
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

BetaSword's mirror recursion screenshot is awesome. Makes me want to do something like the mirror room in Sonic Adventure's Pleasure Castle stage (and have one of the mirror walls explode to reveal something big).
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

Warning: That can easily create frame rate breakdown.
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

Nash: I detect a Doom 3 influence in your latest screen. :)
Nash
Developer
Developer

Post by Nash »

TDA: I was going for a Silent Hill feel actually... (updating my thread with 2nd screenshot)
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

Great screenshots, Nash! Finally someone who knows how to use dynamic lights properly!

Return to “GZDoom”