Where is the Github bug tracker located?

Advanced OpenGL source port fork from ZDoom, picking up where ZDoomGL left off.
[Home] [Download] [Git builds (Win)] [Git builds (Mac)] [Wiki] [Repo] [Bugs&Suggestions]

Moderator: Graf Zahl

MagicWazard

Where is the Github bug tracker located?

Post by MagicWazard »

So I've got a couple bugs to report that are occurring from 2.2 onwards, but the bug forum is closed; there's a forum post titled "Please use Github's bugtracker for future bug reports!", but it doesn't seem to say where exactly this is located. What's the link to the location where we can report bugs?

Incidentally, the DRD Team page for development builds still links to the old locked forum.
Rachael
Developer
Developer

Re: Where is the Github bug tracker located?

Post by Rachael »

Here.

It's on the forum listing, as one of the links under GZDoom's description.

The old locked forum thing will change very soon - it will redirect to a new tracker once we have it all set up. For now things are the way they are because we are stuck in a temporary situation and I don't want to do too much work when it's all going to change in a few days anyway.
MagicWazard

Post by MagicWazard »

Oh, on the DRD Team page; I didn't see it. So, should I wait a few days until the new tracker is set up, or will all the existing open bugs be migrated over?
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

Please report them on the Github tracker. If I can get them out for the upcoming release, the better. I don't think the new tracker will be up in time.
Rachael
Developer
Developer

Post by Rachael »

@Graf: Slightly off-topic, but if you keep your links pointed at forum 24 (what the bugs forum used to link to - viewforum.php?f=24) they will automatically update to the tracker switch-over. I transformed that forum ID into a redirect (the Bugs Archive is actually in fact a new forum).
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

Thanks. That saves me from changing them all...
Enjay
Developer
Developer

Post by Enjay »

Am I correct in saying that to report a bug you have to create a GitHub account?

If so, surely that will put a number of people off?
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

That's one of the reasons we want our own tracker.
MagicWazard

Post by MagicWazard »

Well, I just saw 2.3.1 was up; I'll try that out and see if the same issues are occurring. If so, I'll make a Github account and report them within the next couple of days. (I didn't expect 2 releases to hit within the last week!)

Post by Guest »

The link doesn't seem to work anymore. Is the bug tracker is disabled? Trying to navigate to gzdoom/issues redirects to pull requests, and there's no issues tab like there was yesterday. I'm not sure how Github works but it was up yesterday morning, and I haven't found anything here or on the ZDoom forums about it.
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

We migrated to a Mantis bug tracker yesterday. The Github tracker was only used as a temorary means until that new tracker became operational. You can find it by following the "Bugs&Suggestions" link.
SP_FACE1

Post by SP_FACE1 »

Enjay wrote:Am I correct in saying that to report a bug you have to create a GitHub account?

If so, surely that will put a number of people off?
Graf Zahl wrote:That's one of the reasons we want our own tracker.
Just voicing a newcomer opinion here. I think GitHub issues would be helpful in getting more bug reports to GZDooM because GitHub is pretty popular among developers.
But I understand that it might put some (non-GitHub) users off.

Tried to search if there was any discussion on choosing Mantis bug tracker over GitHub issues, but could not find any, so I might not know all the details.
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

From a developer standpoint Mantis is better organized. It also doesn't require registration with a public service, where you never know where your email address ends up. And it allows having one tracker for multiple projects so bugs can be cross-assigned.
SP_FACE1

Post by SP_FACE1 »

Thanks for the explanation. GitHub issues do seem kind of bare bone feature wise - especially when compared to something like Mantis. Didn't realize at first that Mantis is also used for other ZDooM variants.

Return to “GZDoom”