Lights can't be redefined?

Advanced OpenGL source port fork from ZDoom, picking up where ZDoomGL left off.
[Home] [Download] [Git builds (Win)] [Git builds (Mac)] [Wiki] [Repo] [Bugs&Suggestions]

Moderator: Graf Zahl

Enjay
Developer
Developer

Lights can't be redefined?

Post by Enjay »

It is meant to be possible to redefine dynamic lights in doomdefs?

Consider the following:

Code: Select all

// Blue armour - Now yellow
pointlight BLUEARMOR1
{
    color 0.6 0.6 0.0
    size 20
}

object BlueArmor
{
    frame ARM2 { light BLUEARMOR1 }
}
I have lights.pk3 in the autoload section of my ini. If I load the above with the -noautoload parameter, then summon BlueArmor, the blue armour appears and has a yellow glow around it as expected.

However, if I load without using -noautoload, the armour has the blue glow around it instead. I checked the load sequence at the console and the above was getting loaded after lights.pk3.

Is it meant to be possible to redefine dynamic lights or not? I could have sworn that it used to work but I can't be 100% certain about that. I know that there are cleaner ways to do it too but the above was flagged up by running my old Burghead mod with today's new release.
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Re: Lights can't be redefined?

Post by Graf Zahl »

The code was written by Timmie for ZDoomGL 12 years ago. Maybe he got it backward. I'll have to check. Of course here, like everywhere else 'later wins' should be the rule.
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

This is caused by me renaming the lump to GLDEFS which gets parsed after all DOOMDEFS lumps. I think I have to do this differently.
The old game specific names are a bit problematic because they do not filter Freedoom, Hacx, Harmony and other IWADS that use GAME_Doom properly.
Gez
Developer
Developer

Post by Gez »

But now that they're filtered correctly, they can be renamed back to DOOMDEFS, can't they?
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

I'd appreciate if those names were considered deprecated. I used the filters for good reasons because those game-specific names may not really work as one might accept.

Better keep everything named "GLDEFS".

Return to “GZDoom”