[Editing with DB]

Advanced OpenGL source port fork from ZDoom, picking up where ZDoomGL left off.
[Home] [Download] [Git builds (Win)] [Git builds (Mac)] [Wiki] [Repo] [Bugs&Suggestions]

Moderator: Graf Zahl

Doomer

[Editing with DB]

Post by Doomer »

How can I edit GZdoom with doom builder?The 'IWAD' is a pk3 file,but db only can insert wads for Iwad file configuration
nwbeeman

Re: [Editing with DB]

Post by nwbeeman »

Doomer wrote:How can I edit GZdoom with doom builder?The 'IWAD' is a pk3 file,but db only can insert wads for Iwad file configuration
The GZDoom "wad" was not what doombuilder needed, it really is looking for the DOOM, DOOM2 IWADS.

I actually thought this too at first. When you see the selection ZDoom (Doom in Doom format), pick DOOM.WAD, when you see ZDOOM (Doom in Hexen Format), pick the doom wad you have. It dosn't really matter if you pick DOOM.WAD or DOOM2.WAD, just make shure the origional setting (DOOM, DOOM2) etc, is also set to a DOOM.WAD and DOOM2.WAD respectivly. When you see ZDOOM (Heretic in Hexen format) pick heretic wad. Thats how i have mine set up. And it works for me
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

Wrong forum! Moving to general discussions.
Jive

Post by Jive »

I can't get it to work!!!
I have the cfg file for DB in the DB repertory: "GZdoom.cfg"
When I select "GZDoom", DB don't show the maps of the pwad.
Same thing with Zdoom.

When I edit "Sapphire.wad", made fro GZDoom, I can select GZDoom to edit this pwad and I have all the GZDoom specific features.

????????

Resume:
- if a pwad was made for GZDoom, I can select "GZDoom" to edit it.
- If a pwad was made for Zdoom, I can select "Zdoom" to edit it
- If a pwad was made for Doom2, I can't change it and I can't add GZDoom or Zdoom features, because the map(s) of the pwad are not displayed in the menu asking what map I want to edit.

What's wrong?!?

Of course, "ratcage.wad" is here ONLY as an example, and I don't want to change it. It belongs to its author, and I don't intend to edit it.
Attachments
config of the files for DB
config of the files for DB
DB config.jpg (49.28 KiB) Viewed 2749 times
Edition of a wad made for Doom2, for the purpose to make it with GZDoom features
Edition of a wad made for Doom2, for the purpose to make it with GZDoom features
DB config2.jpg (30.21 KiB) Viewed 2749 times
MartinHowe

Post by MartinHowe »

Jive wrote:- If a pwad was made for Doom2, I can't change it and I can't add GZDoom or Zdoom features, because the map(s) of the pwad are not displayed in the menu asking what map I want to edit.
DoomBuilder does not have a built-in converter that will change "doom format" maps into "hexen format". You need ZWadConv from Randy's ZDoom Editing Utilities. Note: ZWadConv is a console ("command-line") utility; I do not know of any GUI program that can do this.
Jive

Post by Jive »

oh, I understand now!!!
Thank you for your answer!
I thought stupidly that, as far as Doom Legacy was able to be implemented even if a map was made for the regular Doom, it was the same thing with GZDoom, but I forgot a very important point: it's that the format of the map is changed for the Zdoom one!!! And the DB file indicated clearly this fact, the format changing from "1" to "2".

I tried it and it's working perfectly well.
I have now to rename the converted file from "blabla.wadz" to blablaz.wad", and that's it.
Thank you again!!! 8)
Attachments
and here is how I use it very simply, with a right click on the wad to convert, with the mouse.
and here is how I use it very simply, with a right click on the wad to convert, with the mouse.
Zdoom_Conversion.jpg (57.17 KiB) Viewed 2718 times
Jive

Post by Jive »

Here is what I explain on my site.

Do you think that it's well explained or I need to change (or to add) something?

http://gzdoom.doomwadstation.com/about.html#db

I will be thankful if you could correct my bad english :oops:

Return to “GZDoom”