News about GZDoom.

Moderator: Graf Zahl

Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

Here's a bugfix release that fixes the problems that have been encountered with 1.0.00 so far.
RazTK

Post by RazTK »

Awesome.
Enjay
Developer
Developer

Post by Enjay »

Really? A bump of a version of a game by 0.0.01 to fix some bugs fills you with awe? I welcome this update and the fixes as much as the next man, and I'm thankful to Graf for it, but I'll reserve being awestruck for something else. :roll:
RazTK

Post by RazTK »

Enjay wrote:Really? A bump of a version of a game by 0.0.01 to fix some bugs fills you with awe? I welcome this update and the fixes as much as the next man, and I'm thankful to Graf for it, but I'll reserve being awestruck for something else. :roll:
Yes, really.
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

Please note that I re-uploaded the distribution. It still contained the 1.0.00 gzdoom.pk3.
Nash
Developer
Developer

Post by Nash »

This .01 update really means a whole lot to me, as the lighting bug in 1.0.00 totally ruined the look of my mod; so badly that I actually thought that I had to cancel my project because I didn't understand what was going on.

So I stand in awe of version 1.0.01. :O
Enjay
Developer
Developer

Post by Enjay »

It hate to see what you guys would be like in the presence of a deity, or facing a nuclear explosion or something truly awesome. :)

And before someone tries to counter with it: I expect the "but Graf is a deity/god" response from someone. ;)
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

But the Icon of Sin is a God. :P
Enjay
Developer
Developer

Post by Enjay »

Dammit! ;)
Deathlike2

Post by Deathlike2 »

It's nice to see a version of ZDoom that contains the fixes that were introduced.. however.. I was disappointed in some of the Strife-specifc bugs that were posted as fixed, but weren't fixed at all (I've already posted 4 of them in the ZDoom forums)..

At least I can test the bug fixes.. I'm fairly happy with the majority of them... I'm still waiting for the next version of GZDoom :P
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

Your Strife bugs are only nitpicks. There are far more serious things to fix - but as you might have noticed - ZDoom doesn't really get fixed... :(
Deathlike2

Post by Deathlike2 »

I guess my bug reports are nitpicks, but some of them do affect ZDoom as a whole (well, they are rare).

You would think some of the fixes would at least have its own test run before calling it fixed...
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

Believe me, programmers often don't work like that. It's a bad attitude you will find everywhere.

Post by Alter »

Have you noticed that wrw can't be loaded in gzdoom?(not decorate errors)
it just crashes with fatal error! it says not in a level
Blade Nightflame

Post by Blade Nightflame »

alterworldruler wrote:Have you noticed that wrw can't be loaded in gzdoom?(not decorate errors)
it just crashes with fatal error! it says not in a level
I'm betting several Decorate functions were buggered into this. Like the USE, PICKUP or anything like that. Would be appriciated to add it back or fix, to maintain compatiblity of older GZDoom wads and such. :?

Return to “News”