1.0.19 finally released

News about GZDoom.

Moderator: Graf Zahl

The HavoX

Post by The HavoX »

MartinHowe wrote:Sod ATI; they've caused so much trouble already and now this! A L I E N burst their guts; may there be a pox on them, their children, their childrens' children and their dog!

:plasma: ATI :sniper:
thank god i've chosen a nvidia video card for my next PC Image
Last edited by The HavoX on Sat Sep 09, 2006 21:47, edited 1 time in total.
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

How can this happen in 1.0.19 but not in 1.0.18? The dynamic light code hasn't changed a bit between these versions. :?

But it seems to be obvious that ATi's GL drivers are getting more and more buggy when the opposite should happen. The dynamic light issue and the outlines around the menu textures are both caused by texture clamping not working properly. The discolored font is a bit strange though. It looks fine for me and I have no idea how the incorrect colors get in there...
Paul
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by Paul »

That reminds me to get a new card soon. With my Radeon 9200 SE aka fucking piece of shit I'm not even getting the new version :ph33r:
DoomWarrior

Post by DoomWarrior »

I haven't tried this version yet but, could you please fix this as it's annoying me:

1. Useing Full screen hud looks a little bit funny, it's cut off at the bottem or somethin, And when you go to the menu that damn yellow line appears :evil:

2. Have you fixed Stretched skys yet?

Post by Alter »

This problem is big problem! And the strange font in set video mode is also correct i checked it
Vren Lyet

Post by Vren Lyet »

I'm hereby reporting the very same graphics bug with version 1.0.19.

I have an ATI Radeon X800 Pro (Desktop) and an ATI Radeon 9700 Mobility (Laptop).

It looks to me like the dynamic lights are kind of "tiled" over the entire wall (for e.g. bullet puffs) or even the sector (for e.g. pickups).

[edit]
To be safe I just installed the latest Radeon drivers from OmegaDrivers - unfortunately, nothing changed.
[/edit]

Post by Alter »

I think something's wrong with the changes to dynamic lights code
wildweasel
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by wildweasel »

alterworldruler wrote:I think something's wrong with the changes to dynamic lights code
Brush up on your reading comprehension:
Graf Zahl wrote:the dynamic light code hasn't changed a bit between these versions.
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

Can you try this one?

http://grafzahl.drdteam.org/gzdoom/gzdoom-test.zip

You have to set rendering quality to 'quality' to enable the altered code so by toggling that you can see whether it switches between correct and incorrect display.

Post by Alter »

Oh crap! Gzdoom even doesn't launch up! Of course i'm talking about test version
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

You did copy it into a directory that contains all the necessary data, didn't you? If not it won't work because it's only an EXE that needs a regular 1.0.19 install to work.

Post by Alter »

Everything is okay now thanks graf now the problem is over then upload it as 1.0.20 because it fixed big problem :) thanks very big thanks :wink:
MartinHowe

Post by MartinHowe »

Graf Zahl wrote:Can you try this one?

http://grafzahl.drdteam.org/gzdoom/gzdoom-test.zip

You have to set rendering quality to 'quality' to enable the altered code so by toggling that you can see whether it switches between correct and incorrect display.
The dynamic lights problem is gone :)
The menu outlines are much less visible :) (though not completely gone :( ).
The corrupt video mode listing colours are still present :(
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

Can you just make a little test:

Go to the 'Display options / Message options' menu and cycle through the message colors. Is 'Brick' the only corrupted color or are there others as well. And can you make it go away by typing 'gl_flush' at the console?
Osiris

Post by Osiris »

Seems as though just the brick text is corrupted and the rest is ok. The gl_flush command didn't help unfortunatly.

Return to “News”