1.3.13 Beta release

News about GZDoom.

Moderator: Graf Zahl

Rachael
Developer
Developer

Re: 1.3.11 Beta release

Post by Rachael »

If you want something even more weird, I never noticed anything different with my ATI card with different -vbo parameters. They all worked and looked exactly the same - but I will say GZDoom runs better without it.
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

I think the bug was specific to older cards. It looked like they reported a GL extension that was not properly supported and did not work as I used it.

But the performance drop sure was not. I got reliable results from cards of 3 different generations that showed me that mixing VBOs and immediate mode is bad on ATI.
Dave_B

Post by Dave_B »

Tried running it in Doom 2 and it worked fine. Tried running a custom wad with it and it caused my computer to lock up and required me to switch off the machine at the power button.
Enjay
Developer
Developer

Post by Enjay »

Any clues... like which wad? what your specs are? A copy of a startup log or your ini file?
Dave_B

Post by Dave_B »

D2EVOLVD.wad - one of my own WADs. I ran it to see how it performed, loaded it up on the first map, moved the mouse to the left and the computer froze up shortly afterward.

Here's the specs if it's any help:

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core processor (2.1Ghz)
RAM: 2Gb
GPU: ATI Radeon HD3200 with 256Mb dedicated memory (it's a laptop)
DirectX version: DirectX 11
chopkinsca

Re: 1.3.13 Beta release

Post by chopkinsca »

D2EVOLVD.wad works fine for me in the latest beta. As Enjay has mentioned, you should post a startup log.
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Re: 1.3.13 Beta release

Post by Graf Zahl »

Here's a status update. Aside from some minor issues I am basically ready for an official release.

But there's one problem. The engine currently has a semi-serious sound problem. I really don't want to release it with this so I'm going to delay it a bit further. SVN builds may recommence now.

Return to “News”