1.3.13 Beta release

News about GZDoom.

Moderator: Graf Zahl

Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

1.3.13 Beta release

Post by Graf Zahl »

Here's the latest beta version that includes all the latest changes. This is mostly for testing so that I can get better feedback if everything still works. I think it can be used for regular playing but please be aware that this has not been extensively tested yet.

1.3.10 adds a new 'bench' command that should make running tests easier.

Re: 1.3.04 Beta release

Post by Alter »

This is a great release but you should goddamn fix the issues which ATI users do have >> even with latest cards, that includes like 50% of my testers on the Xenus 3 project (a stand-alone IWAD). I understand this is beta but the issues are as if the new renderer was in alpha state. Just telling you for your own information Graf Zahl. No offense intended. Oh and the issue is that it crashes at start-up for them, "It's not my problem" is not an option neither an answer. Try at least to find out why is that. I consider 2 ways: Either something in gzdoom is screwed up or ATI's drivers are just plain incompatible.

OR simply post the requirements for the new renderer so it's clear whenever the hardware is compatible or not.
Gez
Developer
Developer

Post by Gez »

Alter wrote:that includes like 50% of my testers
Have they thought about posting here? Like, participating in the benchmark thread back when it was made, posting crash reports, etc. "It crashes at startup for them" is far from being enough information to determine anything; unless Graf has psychic powers.

Also, back when I had a laptop with an old ATI chipset, I had no problem, except extreme slowness in very detailed areas. No crash or oddities. Granted, this was more than 200 revisions ago.
Rachael
Developer
Developer

Post by Rachael »

Gez wrote:
Have they thought about posting here?
I have to say, I agree with this statement here. A developer does NOT know the needs of their audience if they do not communicate with them.

Post by Alter »

SoulPriestess wrote:
Gez wrote:
Have they thought about posting here?
I have to say, I agree with this statement here. A developer does NOT know the needs of their audience if they do not communicate with them.
One of them will post here soon. So wait a bit.
Whoo

Post by Whoo »

Gez wrote:
Have they thought about posting here? Like, participating in the benchmark thread back when it was made
Ok. I'm one of the testers having problems. I couldn't even get this beta to run (I tried 18 times), and here is the error log it gave. I had to switch to r551 to play, and even then large open areas made my FPS go down below five.

Edit: In case you're wondering, I have an ATi Radeon x1300(PCI Version, 256MB, 452MHz)
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

I need your startup log. You get this with 'gzdoom +logfile log'.

Somehow OpenGL doesn't initialize properly on your system.
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

Gez wrote:
Have they thought about posting here? Like, participating in the benchmark thread back when it was made, posting crash reports, etc. "It crashes at startup for them" is far from being enough information to determine anything; unless Graf has psychic powers.

That's the problem: The helpful feedback I am getting from ATI users is precisely zero. They only come in when stuff is really broken. So what do you expect? I only can test on my own computer and if others won't work I need to know about that.

@alter:
If '50%' of your testers have problems I'd like to hear from *ALL* of them, not just one. If you have problems I need to know about them. If you keep silent until it's too late don't blame me.
Whoo

Post by Whoo »

Graf Zahl wrote:I need your startup log.
Here you go:
logfile.ZIP
(1.04 KiB) Downloaded 238 times
Also, I don't see how OpenGL isn't initializing properly on my system when other OpenGL games run fine.
chopkinsca

Re: 1.3.05 Beta release

Post by chopkinsca »

I'd say "I'm using an ATI card and have no problems" but within moments of trying out this beta there was a rendering error. I can't really post a bug report because I have no idea how to reproduce it. What I got was all flats appeared as if the were textured with F_SKY1.

Actually, it does this every singe time in part of my map. I'll try to contain it, but I don't know. I could send the whole mapset if need be (and of course a startup log)

edit: just a screenshot showing the error. I stayed in the same spot, all that changed was the lowering of some 3dfloors (which you can see in the first half of the image)
http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/6650/rendererror.gif
entryway

Post by entryway »

Whoo wrote:
Here you go:
wow!

GL_VENDOR: Microsoft Corporation
GL_RENDERER: GDI Generic
GL_VERSION: 1.1.0

Software emulation?
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

Whoo wrote:
Here you go:
logfile.ZIP
Also, I don't see how OpenGL isn't initializing properly on my system when other OpenGL games run fine.

Your log indicates that OpenGL initializes Microsoft's software implementation. Since your graphics card should easily support GZDoom there must be a problem with your driver installation.
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

chopkinsca wrote:I'd say "I'm using an ATI card and have no problems" but within moments of trying out this beta there was a rendering error. I can't really post a bug report because I have no idea how to reproduce it. What I got was all flats appeared as if the were textured with F_SKY1.

Actually, it does this every singe time in part of my map. I'll try to contain it, but I don't know. I could send the whole mapset if need be (and of course a startup log)

edit: just a screenshot showing the error. I stayed in the same spot, all that changed was the lowering of some 3dfloors (which you can see in the first half of the image)
http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/6650/rendererror.gif
Like the other case: What graphics card do you have and could you post a startup log? Without these 2 things I can't do anything.
chopkinsca

Post by chopkinsca »

ATI Radeon 9600 / X1050 Series
Attachments
phocas2lognew.txt
(8.41 KiB) Downloaded 215 times
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

What's your settings in the shader menu? If you change them, does it make a difference?

Return to “News”