[d3457f4] Incorrect images in save/load menus

Bugs that have been resolved.

Moderator: Graf Zahl

_mental_
Developer
Developer

[d3457f4] Incorrect images in save/load menus

Post by _mental_ »

With the latest code (d3457f4) thumbnail images in Save or Load menu are broken.
2.jpg
2.jpg (157.51 KiB) Viewed 394 times
I can't say at the moment is the compatibility renderer affected only (the screenshot above is from GZDoom running on macOS) or is it a common issue. It looks like a picture rendered in FGLRenderer::WriteSavePic() is wrong.
dpJudas
Developer
Developer

Re: [d3457f4] Incorrect images in save/load menus

Post by dpJudas »

Was happening here too. Another viewport issue. Ugh. Seems touching that code was more dangerous than I thought.

I've fixed it, but there's one thing left that I'm not entirely sure is the fault of my patch or not. It draws the player sprite on the thumbnail now while it doesn't seem to be doing that for last gzdoom release. This works fine as long as the screen size is maxed, but for smaller sizes the player sprite offset is wrong. Is supposed to be drawing the gun?

Pushed what I got so far to the viewport fix pull request (https://github.com/coelckers/gzdoom/pull/70).
_mental_
Developer
Developer

Post by _mental_ »

dpJudas wrote:It draws the player sprite on the thumbnail now while it doesn't seem to be doing that for last gzdoom release. This works fine as long as the screen size is maxed, but for smaller sizes the player sprite offset is wrong. Is supposed to be drawing the gun?
No, thumbnails were clean from gun sprite and HUD.
Also, it seems like gamma is applied to a thumbnail before saving to a file because they are brighter than before.
dpJudas
Developer
Developer

Post by dpJudas »

OK, fixed that as well.

Return to “Closed Bugs”