GZDoom pre 2.2.x issue: Flickerlight in GLDEFS not working properly

Bugs that have been resolved.

Moderator: Graf Zahl

Doomy Dummie

GZDoom pre 2.2.x issue: Flickerlight in GLDEFS not working properly

Post by Doomy Dummie »

Hi there, I wanna say I have observed that some Doom actors with Flickerlight and Flickerlight2 definitions are working in a weird way. I mean, instead of showing the flickering light as it should be, instead it covers a very wide floor area with some irregular sector lines, and no flickering at all, showing itself as a standard, bugged Pointlight def.

Could you please check this issue? In case of hasn't been reported yet, of course.

Thanks for your attention!
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Re: GZDoom pre 2.2.x issue: Flickerlight in GLDEFS not working properly

Post by Graf Zahl »

Where can I see such an effect? If I knew about it I'd have fixed it already.
Doomy Dummie

Post by Doomy Dummie »

OK, a good example of this issue can be encountered playing some concrete Doom mods, like the HXRTC Project which I have been playing lately.

For example, picking up any GZDoom 2.2 prebuild and starting Doom II with the mod, IDCLEVing Map 12 preferably, and then summoning the Female Railgunner zombie (typing in console SUMMON FEMALERAILGUN) when the enemy starts charging his attack, the weird light effect shows off. And if you check the same thing with the stable 2.1.1, the charging attack's flickering light effect shows correctly, as it should be. Same can be observed with another enemy of the same mod, the Railgun Arachnotron (in console SUMMON RAILGUNSPIDER) because it uses almost the same charge attack type.

If necessary, I can provide you some screenshots for testing it in expanded form, but if you make the aforementioned steps, you'll check it in a better way.

Thanks again for your attention!
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

fixed. This was caused by a bad timer counter that only had the light changed before it got reset, it had to do it after the reset so that the initial frame also forces a reset.
Doomy Dummie

Post by Doomy Dummie »

Good, thanks a lot for the fixing Mr. Graf Zahl! :D

Return to “Closed Bugs”