Post-processing screws up sometimes

Bugs that have been resolved.

Moderator: Graf Zahl

Talon1024

Post-processing screws up sometimes

Post by Talon1024 »

Heya,

I'm having some issues with post-processing. It seems that if I use bloom, but not lens distortion, strange glitches start happening if I look at bright areas on the screen.

Here's a video to demonstrate.

This happens when I'm playing Hunter's Moon and WolfenDoom: Blade of Agony, but strangely, it doesn't seem to happen if I play using any other mod or IWAD.

My machine has an Intel Core i5-4690K processor, 16 GB of RAM, an ASUS STRIX NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 with 4GB of video RAM, and Ubuntu Linux 16.04 with the proprietary NVidia graphics driver version 367.35.
Talon1024

Re: Post-processing screws up sometimes

Post by Talon1024 »

BTW, the build I was using is g2.2-pre-1962-gd461586.
dpJudas
Developer
Developer

Post by dpJudas »

I've seen this on my computer as well. You can trigger it in vanilla Doom 2 by turning off multisample and then have an uneven number of post processing steps enabled.

I'm not entirely sure what is causing it yet. It may have something to do with the way I use the texture coordinates when rendering the screen quad. I'm currently working on a patch cleaning up viewport calculations (for the LB resolutions bug) that hopefully should help me track this bug down too when its done.
dpJudas
Developer
Developer

Post by dpJudas »

I haven't seen this bug since commit 210fce01 where I fixed it. Please let me know if you still see it in the latest build - otherwise I'm considering this one resolved.
Talon1024

Post by Talon1024 »

Yeah, I think it's fixed. I haven't noticed this bug in the latest builds either.

Return to “Closed Bugs”