[g2.2pre-2105-g8f53599]Crash to desktop : User variables or anon. loops

Bugs that have been resolved.

Moderator: Graf Zahl

zrrion the insect

[g2.2pre-2105-g8f53599]Crash to desktop : User variables or anon. loops

Post by zrrion the insect »

I am currently working on using user variables and anon. loops to make conical bullet spread. I have run into an issue where the following code (or variations of the following code) will crash gzdoom to desktop and I have yet to find a way to make it do this consistently. On times that it will not crash when firing the effected weapons it will sometimes crash later on (often when the effected weapons are not even selected.)
I cannot get zdoom to crash, so I am assuming that it is a gzdoom bug, but if this is not the case I can make a post over there.

Code: Select all

SGIH B 4 Bright
{
    A_Light(1);
    //conical bullet spread
    user_i = 1;
    while (user_i <= 7)
    {
        user_BulletRadius = fRandom(0.0,5.6);
        user_BulletAngle = fRandom(0.0,359.9);
        A_FireBullets(user_BulletRadius * Cos(user_BulletAngle), user_BulletRadius * Sin(user_BulletAngle), -1, 5, "BulletPuff", FBF_EXPLICITANGLE);
        user_i += 1;
    }
    A_PlaySound ("weapons/shotgf", CHAN_WEAPON);//this plays even when it crashes, so it does make it through the loop
} 
I have included both the mod and the crash report:
Mod in question
Crash report
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Re: [g2.2pre-2105-g8f53599]Crash to desktop : User variables or anon. loops

Post by Graf Zahl »

Please repost this at the ZDoom forum. You may get better feedback there.
hfc2x

Post by hfc2x »

Graf Zahl wrote:Please repost this at the ZDoom forum. You may get better feedback there.
I'm having the same problem, and posted about this bug over at the ZDoom forum, but I've gotten no better feedback there.
Blue Shadow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Blue Shadow »

I tested the mod linked to by zrrion the insect with ZDoom; it's producible in that port, which means it's a ZDoom issue.
Rachael
Developer
Developer

Post by Rachael »

There is nothing wrong with posting here, however, as others have pointed out there's more activity at the ZDoom forum and this is a ZDoom issue. Just as you should post GZDoom bugs in this forum and not the ZDoom forum, the reverse is also true. I am going to close this thread, as I am sure Graf would, anyway, since the ZDoom threads are still open.

No one that visits here right now doesn't go to the ZDoom forum, so there really isn't much appeal to cross-posting any bug reports or issues. As much as I would love to see this place get more activity, I think more helpful responses will generally occur on the ZDoom forum.

Return to “Closed Bugs”