Renderstyle glitches occurring

Bugs that have been resolved.

Moderator: Graf Zahl

Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

Renderstyle glitches occurring

Post by Major Cooke »

Rowsol did some testing and it appears he is right: After killing a spider mastermind or cyberdemon, things like rocket explosions start to render weirdly for some reason, not including alpha as it properly should.

Give D4RocketLauncher and shoot it. Renders fine, looks nice.
Summon D4spidermastermind
Mdk
Wait until explosions stop
Shoot rocket again. Notice how it's oddly full alpha and not very well rendering out.
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Re: Renderstyle glitches occurring

Post by Graf Zahl »

I can't make any sense of that overcomplicated code. Which actor classes do I need to check.
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

Post by Major Cooke »

D4RocketExplosion. It's under MiscEffects.txt in the main ZD4D directory.

For the effects that trigger this, it's CyberdemonDeathFX or SpiderMastermindDeathFX.
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

Post by Major Cooke »

Was that reproducable? Just wanted to see because it's kinda weird. I think it happens to deal with applying a translation to a certain set of sprites and then the renderstyle changes for all of them.
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

Like I said yesterday, I''m sick and still do not feel well. No chance I do more than some quick fix here and there until I feel better.
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

This was caused by creating a translation for a texture with an alpha channel, as happened here in the SpiderMastermind's death sequence:

Code: Select all

A_SpawnItemEx("D4RocketExplosionNoGL",random(20,80),0,random(10,60),0,0,0,random(0,359),SXF_NOCHECKPOSITION|SXF_TRANSFERTRANSLATION|SXF_TRANSFERRENDERSTYLE|SXF_TRANSFERALPHA);	
This was clobbering the transparency check for the affected texture and forcing an alpha test for all subsequent use. Keep in mind that translating a texture will lose ALL alpha information the texture may have contained so I'm not sure the red death cloud actually looks correct.

Return to “Closed Bugs”