I can't believe this is going to happen.

Anything that doesn't fit into other forums.
DuduKrazy

I can't believe this is going to happen.

Post by DuduKrazy »

when i was checking out the KNAC.COM website i found a message that shocked me:

"On February 15, 1995, the legacy of "Pure Rock 105.5 KNAC" was silenced.
On July 15, 2007, History may repeat itself....

Click here to learn more, and do something about it.

And for those who remember that day, or never heard the last breath of KNAC...tune in."

And just because a bunch of people wants to increase the damn royalties so much that the internet radios can't pay at all. If the internet radio service ends, how i'm going to listen to some good music? The majority of the radios in my country (brazil) are infested with crappy music. that's why i don't listen to the radio anymore. when it's not music that talks about sex, it's about other things like a bad relationship or just nonsense things. To make things worse, my ipod have just broke. That was my way to escape from this crappy music infested world. I can't believe this is happening!
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

Whatever, Dudu!
KeksDose
Stronghold Team

Post by KeksDose »

Well, our land is almost like HIP HOP land, and I HATE it. Every morning, every afternoon, every night... this crappy hip hop "music" (or whatever this "music" is called). Always when I switch on the radio, there will be some stupid crap...
Spoiler: Open at own risk! Not for children under 16!
My answer to this...
Spoiler: Just open and stuff
[spoiler]Techno, trance and house anybody?
:rock:

:yup: "Yeeeeees!"

:thumb: "Gooooood!"

:nope: "Nooooo..."

:railgun: "You will die, mortal!"(TM)

:happy: "And another Hip-Hopper less ^^"[/spoiler]

I'm sorry, I just couldn't resist. But hey, everyone tastes different, righto?
DuduKrazy

Post by DuduKrazy »

i also hate the false hip hop. hip hop to me was meant to show the ghetto culture. and thanks to the damn media, hip hop is treated like a music genre. when it's not, in fact. i wish i could know of some true rap artists. everybody knows snitch cent but not afrika bambaataa.
Paul
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by Paul »

I always associated black music with Reggae more than HH..

Here Hip Hop is a dominant music genre. And youngsters either sing about poor people on the streets, alcohol, or how you should protect your ghetto (gimme a break). Then there are crappy bands like Wilki (Wolves) who would sing some pop-rock hybrids about.. not really know what they sing. Ideology of life or something. My shitlist is too large to comment about it.

Really, I don't mind listening to good love songs, because they sing about love/romance and not sex -_-, but crap like Hilton, Timberlake and all the other boys bands is just punishment for ears. Sadly the media are like that and the world of cultural music was always somewhat screwy (if it's not Russian lesbians it will be some gangster wannabe who wants to express how shitty his life was and how he hates everyone who made it further).

My recomendations? Go to Youtube, go to free mp3 sites, burn cds choke full of your fave tunes (that's what I do :mrgreen: ) and screw the radio!

Another thing to finish my rantin' will be that I hate songs with badly done words but cool music. For instance, Timberlake's clip has decent music but his words about full of regret and hatred to his ex is just pathetic. You don't sing about bad stuff man, you just fucking ruin everyone else's mood. This goes triple to HH artists. Also you don't sing about sex, idiots. You like do that. ;)
KeksDose
Stronghold Team

Post by KeksDose »

Yeah, Hip Hop is a bit too dominant. Why would anyone rap/sing about he protects his...Ghetto. This doesn't make any sense, this isn't really good. I don't I really "see/hear" why children like that. Come to Germany into my class, anyone you ask if he/she likes Hip Hop or something else (something better), they will start "dancing" with their friggin' westside-move-thingy and start rapping about Bushido and Sido and what not. Ok, their videos are sometimes funny, but only sometimes. If there is not this "sometimes" the video would be some dudes stealing a car and then they drive over innocent people. Then they get hunted by the police etc. etc. etc. They're infecting the children everywhere with their *abnormal* language. But now it's enough, I'm not going to complain anymore :wink:

And do you know what I hate even more in Germany? Here's my top-priority-to-DESTROY-list:

[spoiler]1. Destroy "Tokio Hotel" -- If I stand in front of your houst with a BFG, THEN you HAVE to scream!

2. Destroy "US5" - What about...uhm, no?

3. Destroy "Group Tekkan" - Push your friggin' sunlight in your @$$.

4. Destroy "Kelly Family" - Yeah, NO comment...!

5. Destroy "Paris Hilton" - Mobile punishment for ears.[/spoiler]

Don't take it offensive if you open it :wink:
Actually there is a top 50 of bands/groups/whatever which I hate (but I'm not going to complain about Hip Hop anymore, forget it). But everyone tastes different, and actually, the first dude which rapped was a techno-artist. Yes, a TECHNO-ARTIST! Whadda s**z? Yes, I think it's true. :wink: So actually, if I complain about Hip Hop, I would complain a little bit about Techno, and if I complain about Techno, I complain about Trance. Good thing that there aren't rapped Jazz songs ^_^ Finally a genre without rapping =3
Last edited by KeksDose on Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:46, edited 1 time in total.
Paul
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by Paul »

Why would anyone rap/sing about he protects his...Ghetto
Nationalism, megalomanism, human retardness. In medieval people protected their land absolutely and xenophobism could have resulted in killing outlanders, but as humanity grew up we understood our species should collect lands and work together rather than singular countries, towns, ghettos, individuals. Some of us that is. Others are still gorillas (not the band).
my class
Cuz it's trendy. Everyone wants to follow each other so the group gets along without outsiders. Cars, speed, cash - them videos are recorded so that they impress people so they follow along, and they listen to the bands, and they buy more cds and such. It's a marketting strategy really. But hey, everyone wants to earn money.
Tokio Hotel
With a name like that you can't go right.
Paris Hilton
After she's been jailed and parodied the shit out of she's like that poor dead horse everyone is beating. I won't approach her negatively, but rather with pity, or sympathy.
KeksDose
Stronghold Team

Post by KeksDose »

Paul wrote: Cuz it's trendy. Everyone wants to follow each other so the group gets along without outsiders. Cars, speed, cash - them videos are recorded so that they impress people so they follow along, and they listen to the bands, and they buy more cds and such. It's a marketting strategy really. But hey, everyone wants to earn money.
So this is something like the "backdoor" to profit.
Paul wrote: With a name like that you can't go right.
Heh, yeah ^^
Paul wrote: After she's been jailed and parodied the shit out of she's like that poor dead horse everyone is beating. I won't approach her negatively, but rather with pity, or sympathy.
Jeez, yeah, I know this was a bit harsh, and it wasn't funny, but it rather goes "un-offensively" for her music, if I would have wrote that earlier we wouldn't discuss this now. Well, there is even worse, like a video with a "I think you're crap"-plot.
Paul wrote: ...crap like Hilton...
Heh... ehh, yeah. (TM) Just TM'ed my sentence.
DuduKrazy

Post by DuduKrazy »

I checked out the Save Net Radio website and it seems that what i told about the service ending will not happen. at least that's what i understood.

Excerpt from the Save Net Radio website:

"Congress and SoundExchange have heard loud and clear the amazing outpouring of support for Internet radio from webcasters, listeners and the thousands of artists they support. A commitment has been made to negotiate reasonable royalties, recognizing the industry’s long-term value and its still-developing revenue potential.

During negotiations SoundExchange committed temporarily not to enforce the new royalty rates so webcasters can stay online as new rates are agreed upon.

This development is due in great part to the millions of people who have let their Congressional representatives know about their support of Internet radio. Over 125 representatives have cosponsored the bill to this point....
"

Return to “Off-Topic”