doom

Anything that doesn't fit into other forums.
sykesccorp

doom

Post by sykesccorp »

i want to find out whats the best thing in a doom wad like is it gameplay or is it detail

say if there was a wad of relly good detail but not good gameplay would you play it
or would you play the one that has little detail but great gameplay?
Azure Agony

Post by Azure Agony »

I remember some really good looking wad for RISEN 3d, when I saw screenes I said "Damn it's looking awesome"; everything in hi-res with nice looking 3d models. I download specially RISEN3d and (of course) this wad, and what... it was poor! Nice looking but poor. Next example is some wad pack for Doom, no new monster, no new weapon, no new textures, but gameplay was great! Other example is Crimsonland, did somebody play this game? :) People say: "It's looking like from 80'/90' years games" But the gameplay is great.

[EDIT] Of course the best way is when game looks very good, got lots of details (saying detail we can think about many things like graph details, many ways to finish level, good decorate, etc) and you got just fun when you play it. :)
Enjay
Developer
Developer

Post by Enjay »

Not this old, illogical, question again. Why does it have to be a trade off? I want good gameplay and good detail. The two are not mutually exclusive.
Dutch Devil

Post by Dutch Devil »

Layout is king.

Return to “Off-Topic”