RCMP

Anything that doesn't fit into other forums.
Visplane_Overflow

RCMP

Post by Visplane_Overflow »

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gwr6t-ngRng

So, in the video above, we see some jackass stealing (technically, we see him having stolen already) a 5 ton truck and running rampant up one of the highways in my town, plowing through a parked squad car before finally abandoning his vehicle. Trying to do what you see on 'Cops' all the time, with the suspect ditching his car and making a break for it - well, the RCMP here doesn't take that shit - they simply hit him with the car. Serves the bastard right - but sure enough there's tons of comments blasting the RCMP for doing their fucking job. "They're monsters" says some.

Frankly, I think people need to realize that these targets of police brutality, are criminals and rightly deserve whatever they get. Fruthermore, the public or the families of victims are in no position to judge whether the police are using 'excessive force'. We put faith in the cops to make that call themselves. It just pisses me off that these miscreant pansies are trying to give criminals all the rights, taking them away from our law enforcement.

At any rate, I thought the video was hilarious. Enjoy.
Enjay
Developer
Developer

Post by Enjay »

If youtube ever wants to be regarded as a credible site, they will have to find some way of preventing 14 year old, knuckle-trailing, bottom-feeding mouth-breathers from posting their inane comments. As it is, simply by the nature of the comments, it gets filtered by a lot of establishments who might have a use for it. eg, I could use it all the time at my work because there is some decent stuff on there, but the site is banned.

As for the video - this guy steals a truck and drives, what, 20 tons? of lethal weapon around a busy road and residential area for almost half an hour, intentionally drives at police cars and comes pretty close to injuring others and people have sympathy for him when he gets hit? Good call RCMP.
Visplane_Overflow

Mmm, I'm inclined to agree with you, Enjay. Sadly, I can't see an intelligence filter being placed over internet sites ever happening, as it would annihilate the entire userbase =p

And well, the police here are constantly under flak from the public for just doing their job, there was a huge commotion when they tasered a Polish immigrant who was apparently being violent in an airport - as a result of the tasering, the victim sustained heart failure and expired, despite the police and paramedic's attempts to resuscitate him. The big issue was whether the taser usage was warranted or not, which according to regulations - it was. Nobody could've known whether the device would've caused any damage, his death was a tragic accident - if the public had anyone to complain to at that moment, it would be the federal government for issuing self-defense weapons at all (not that I think the police should be unarmed, after all, they're not the ones stealing cars and robbing liquor stores, are they?)

Anyhow, I don't think there's many people that would know what I'm talking about, so I should probably get out of rant mode =p

Post by Alter »

Visplane_Overflow wrote:Mmm, I'm inclined to agree with you, Enjay. Sadly, I can't see an intelligence filter being placed over internet sites ever happening, as it would annihilate the entire userbase =p

And well, the police here are constantly under flak from the public for just doing their job, there was a huge commotion when they tasered a Polish immigrant who was apparently being violent in an airport - as a result of the tasering, the victim sustained heart failure and expired, despite the police and paramedic's attempts to resuscitate him. The big issue was whether the taser usage was warranted or not, which according to regulations - it was. Nobody could've known whether the device would've caused any damage, his death was a tragic accident - if the public had anyone to complain to at that moment, it would be the federal government for issuing self-defense weapons at all (not that I think the police should be unarmed, after all, they're not the ones stealing cars and robbing liquor stores, are they?)

Anyhow, I don't think there's many people that would know what I'm talking about, so I should probably get out of rant mode =p
Actually police says bullshit that he was violent, he was lost at airport searching for his mom (He was supposed to meet up with her), he didn't know the language, police thought of the terrorist and BAM! they killed him, they should rot in hell instantly (Those who killed that guy)
Visplane_Overflow

Alter wrote:Actually police says bullshit that he was violent, he was lost at airport searching for his mom (He was supposed to meet up with her), he didn't know the language, police thought of the terrorist and BAM! they killed him, they should rot in hell instantly (Those who killed that guy)
I think you're largely mad because the victim happened to be Polish. It's not the police's fault - they were following procedure, and there is no way to predict the effects of tasering on different people. And well, the police, when the man lost consciousness, did try to rescuscitate him.

Edit : Well, you're free to believe what you want to believe at any rate, you shouldn't blame people for accidents though =p
MartinHowe

Post by MartinHowe »

I can think of only one thing to say to that thug who stole the truck and rammed a cop car with it...

SUCK IT DOWN!!

God I hate the civil rights brigade; people get mugged and murdered all year round and then some creep tries to get the crooks off on a technicality when they should be banged up for ten years.

No wonder people have lost faith in Law and Order :(
Enjay
Developer
Developer

Post by Enjay »

I saw the video of that guy at the airport. Upset or not, he picked up and smashed a computer, and tried to throw a chair through a plate glass window. I'd say that was violent.

I'm not saying he deserved to die but equally, I don't believe the RCMP were trying to kill him. They were using authorised and acceptable (by law) force to subdue a man who was showing reasonable signs that he might hurt himself, someone else or further damage property. However, there does seem to be a bit of concern as to how the RCMP dealt with him after he was tasered and it is quite possible that he died because of the way they were restraining him after he was tasered rather than the tasering itself.
sykesccorp

Post by sykesccorp »

he good thing bout livving in a small town in new zealand is that you dont get that you berly see any grafity what is a massive bonus for me

Return to “Off-Topic”