Would anyone happen to know...

Anything that doesn't fit into other forums.
Cherepoc

Re: Would anyone happen to know...

Post by Cherepoc »

Jive found religion and abandoned forever Doom and its wicked, sinful ways, burning all the Doom website he had ever maintained?
Oh my... I thought it was a joke :(
Ahaha oh wow!
phi108

Post by phi108 »

I'm another catholic (not a very good one as well), and I agree that there's no problem if you can distinguish between real-world and game. It's getting children and decision-makers to learn to see the difference that may be a problem...
Gez
Developer
Developer

Post by Gez »

To be honest, Jive strikes me as a mentally-fragile, highly emotional person (just look how he flew off the handle so easily) and it looks like he fell into the clutches of some sort of cult with one of those gurus who insist on severing ties to your past and living in "spiritual purity", that is to say, let their hogwash dominate your every thought and ban anything that distracts you from their brainwashing. It's sad, really.
Pluck101

Post by Pluck101 »

Thats a damn shame :?
Your future has become.... FORSAKEN!
PeskySaurus

Post by PeskySaurus »

uhm... aren't you FIGHTING DEMONS IN DOOM?! i'm incredibly Christian, but that doesn't stop me from enjoying my hobbies. I can just picture Jesus like yeah no you can't play video games that you derive joy from, video games that don't cause you to steal cheat rape or murder. video games where you fight the forces of hell. those video games are bad stuffs. besides, in the doom novels the whole hell thing was just an alien trick based on human fears/memories. not that i like the novel story better then the original games... just saying.

oh well, judgment is not my place
"Maybe one day I can figure it out, till then I just put another cigarette out, pull up a chair, open a brew, sit on the porch, and do what I do..." -Rehab
Gez
Developer
Developer

Post by Gez »

PeskySaurus wrote:uhm... aren't you FIGHTING DEMONS IN DOOM?! i'm incredibly Christian, but that doesn't stop me from enjoying my hobbies.
A bit late.

Anyway, that's the difference between a normal religion and a cult.
PeskySaurus

Post by PeskySaurus »

with the activity this board sees, a month is hardly reviving a dead topic lol
"Maybe one day I can figure it out, till then I just put another cigarette out, pull up a chair, open a brew, sit on the porch, and do what I do..." -Rehab

Return to “Off-Topic”