Task Sign-In Thread

Cold Hard Cash 2: For Firepower And Profit development forum

Moderator: wildweasel

Golden Heaven

Post by Golden Heaven »

I have no problem with anyone here or anything, and I'd love to work with you guys, but I just can't work if you don't answer my posts or anything. I understand that some of you may be on vacation or have better things to do, but I'm not waiting for a week for each reply, everything has to run smooth, so I suggest we start gathering up resources so everyone can start mapping a.s.a.p..
wildweasel
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by wildweasel »

Well what exactly are you waiting on? I looked over all your posts here and I haven't seen what it is you need.
Golden Heaven

Post by Golden Heaven »

Well, I need resources, like ( if there are any ) new weapons this wad will use, so I can put the new weapons where I think the player needs them with appropriate ammo and new textures, so I know what kind of style I'm supposed to map in. If I do everything in advance, I'll just have to change all the textures and there is a great risk that the style of map will be completely wrong. Based on the textures and weapons I make a map. Monsters and decorations also take part of this.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

I suppose I should make some things clear about the design of this mod...

- There are no weapon pickups. The player buys all his weapons from the hub map.
- Textures...currently we're only using the NMN Corporation 1 texture pack, for the hub map. Everything else is entirely up to you.
- To start with, just focus on the architecture and design of the map, and monsters and pickups will come later.
- I'm allowing quite a bit of creative freedom for each of the five missions, so if you need more than one map for a single mission, you can do that. If you want to pick a new set of textures, go ahead. Monster-wise, you can always ask another team member to design monsters for your mission.

Just keep in mind that we're still in a very early stage of development and don't have much to work with yet. I won't put any limits on your creativity though.
Golden Heaven

Post by Golden Heaven »

Alrighty, that's more like it :P. The monsters are limited to the ones made by teammembers or are we allowed to use monsters from say the beastiary/bestiary, other wads ( with permission of course ), etc...?

Second, does the player also buy his ammunition or does he get that from pick-ups? And can I find the textures you are using for the hub map on Doomworld ( in case I find some interesting textures )?

And last, this IS a DOOM 2 mod and is it for ZDOOM or GZDOOM or something else?
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

You can use whatever you need from the MRW, Bestiary, or any texture packs on Doomworld. This IS a Doom 2 mod, designed specifically for GZDoom, so you are allowed to use GL-specific effects such as 3D floors, hi-res textures, and the like.

As for ammunition, the player buys that too - if you have monsters drop anything, make them drop money. (If you need the money resource, I'll have to get on the FTP and upload it.)
Golden Heaven

Post by Golden Heaven »

I'll have to replace the default monsters so they drop money then, I can do that ( or I can just not use default monsters, but that's a bit too much :D ). So if you upload the resource, I'll replace the default ones ( unless tit's already done ).
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

chc2-money.rar is now uploaded to the FTP. However, I must ask that if you use default enemies, please don't use the zombies. Demons are okay (at least, they're okay for the Cult map, probably). Either I or somebody else here will probably be making human characters for the other missions.
Golden Heaven

Post by Golden Heaven »

Okay, I'll not use zombies ( sargeant and zombieman ). I've got an edit of the sargeant which is actually the sargeant with no blood on his clothes ( except on his arms ) and his eyes are still red, so he doesn't really look like a zombie anymore, but I'll wait with using him ( he's also in the wad I uploaded in the other thread ).

About the cash, I've looked at the DECORATE and everything seems fine, but it's all custominventory and I can't put it on the floor ( like if it should pop out of boxes or something ), is it ok if I add more DECORATE so I can put it on the floor ( like ammo pickups and such ), or did I oversee something? ( If I spawnspot it, I can pick it up and everything works fine but I can't actually see the sprite :P )
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

You can feel free to modify it, so long as you upload your modified wad to the FTP.

And about the invisibility error, I'll have a look at it tonight - I'm working most of the day and won't have much time to look into it now.
Golden Heaven

Post by Golden Heaven »

I've seen the error before, and the error was that the images were PNG and not sprites, so I used xWe to make sprites out of 'em ( which usually works perfectly ) but they kept switching back to PNG, after a while I gave up and found out that they suddenly worked :roll: . I've also started mapping, I don't know which mission it'll be yet.

Here's a screenshot ( in DoomBuilder ):

I know that a screenshot from Doom Builder can be deceiving but I'm not going to reveal anything yet, I've only just stared ;). I use LDR sometimes to make things look more realistic, but I don't think that's a problem :). I'm going to search for tank/truck sprites soon, to make it look like you arrived at the 'deserted garage' by vehicle. Untill now everything is running very smooth, and I've also taken a look at the hub map, it needs a little more work I think ( the NPC's don't talk, I don't think that's been done yet, has it? :D ). When all the guns are done it would be handy to load 'em with my wad so I can see about how numerous and how strong the monsters have to be. For now I'll just use the ones on the server.

Maybe when I could improve the hubmap, but I'm not sure, I think I'm going to finish the mission first.
Golden Heaven

Post by Golden Heaven »

Sorry for bump, but I think I'm going to pick one of the mission's so I can set my mapinfo right as well. I'll take "- Mission A: The Cult" if that isn't taken yet, it fits a bit with my map :D.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Alright, I've signed you in. Feel free to start a new thread to detail your progress.

Return to “Cold Hard Cash 2”