Hub Map

Cold Hard Cash 2: For Firepower And Profit development forum

Moderator: wildweasel

wildweasel
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Hub Map

Post by wildweasel »

This is a progress and feedback thread for the "Unity Station" map (the hub). Do not sign in to the map in this thread - use the sign-in thread instead.

Post your progress on this map in this thread. Other members can post their feedback and ideas for the map here.

Post by Alter »

Nash here's the hub map version(if you're already detailing then copy&paste the portal section to your version of the map) which you can detail now! ^_^
http://www.zshare.net/download/chc2-alter-zip.html
it includes your stuff of course + changes are in txt file and.... i'm done with hub-map now so nash this is your job now to manage hub-map

Offtopic edit: it seems kaiser was banned from zdoom forums now how the heck we're going to get fixed kssc?
Nash
Developer
Developer

Post by Nash »

Why was he banned?
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

It was a joke referring to his title.
Nash
Developer
Developer

Post by Nash »

Good job, Alter. I haven't actually touched your map at all (working on the NPCs mainly) and it's great to see that you're done with the map.

I haven't actually figured out what to make the NPCs say, though. There's just too little done yet for me to start writing the dialogues out.

One more thing; Weasel, do you think it's a good idea to have a sort of "gossip"-like (I was thinking of Diablo, hehe) dialogue, in addition to selling stuff?

You can see that at the bottom of the shopping list is an option to chat with the shopkeeper. I was thinking that this dialogue is updated as the game progresses (for example, maybe after finishing the first mission he'll say, "good job! Oh by the way, I've got some great new stuff. You're gonna love 'em").

I was also preparing the dialogue code so that it'll be easy to upgrade the shopping list as the game progresses (maybe after each mission, more and more new items will be available, and even maybe some special discounts or something like that).]

Anyway... off to populating the hub map with NPCs!

Post by Alter »

Nash wrote:Good job, Alter. I haven't actually touched your map at all (working on the NPCs mainly) and it's great to see that you're done with the map.

I haven't actually figured out what to make the NPCs say, though. There's just too little done yet for me to start writing the dialogues out.

One more thing; Weasel, do you think it's a good idea to have a sort of "gossip"-like (I was thinking of Diablo, hehe) dialogue, in addition to selling stuff?

You can see that at the bottom of the shopping list is an option to chat with the shopkeeper. I was thinking that this dialogue is updated as the game progresses (for example, maybe after finishing the first mission he'll say, "good job! Oh by the way, I've got some great new stuff. You're gonna love 'em").

I was also preparing the dialogue code so that it'll be easy to upgrade the shopping list as the game progresses (maybe after each mission, more and more new items will be available, and even maybe some special discounts or something like that).]

Anyway... off to populating the hub map with NPCs!
You have mine permission to do that ^_^ i'm done with hub-map
Nash
Developer
Developer

Post by Nash »

Awesome.

@Weasel again: Would it be possible for you to provide me an exact list of items the medic and armor smith will be selling?

It doesn't matter if there are any unfinished DECORATE inventory or something, just the name will be enough. For any items that are not done yet, I'll just link them to a dummy DECORATE item.

Post by Alter »

Nash i have request for ya.... the computer decals in portal rooms are for showing objectives of specific mission ^_^ yeah that's their purpose though i'm not skilled enough to do that.... so it's your job now
Nash
Developer
Developer

Post by Nash »

Yeah, I'll add Strife-script menus to those consoles.

Also I may re-build them to look more 3-d but I'm not too sure yet. We'll see how it goes.
Nash
Developer
Developer

Post by Nash »

Oh yeah, what is the prison for, actually? What function does it serve?

Post by Alter »

Nash wrote:Oh yeah, what is the prison for, actually? What function does it serve?
It's just decoration.... include some prisoners and two guards
Nash
Developer
Developer

Post by Nash »

Maybe we can somehow incorporate the prison into one of the missions.

"Psst! Need to know more about the cult? 5000 CR and I'll tell you everything!"
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Yeah, shady types should be fairly prevalent in the station. The informant in the prison, and I also planned on having a "shady dealer" character in the warehouse area (which still needs piles of crates and industrial junk lying around, by the way, as it looks extremely empty - and maybe some giant airlock doors on one end).
Nash
Developer
Developer

Post by Nash »

Progress: Still working on the NPCs, added some detail here and there but nothing major to show.

I'm looking for better sprites to use for the NPCs.

Weasel, what about the list of items to sell?
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

The items list is probably going to be a perpetual work in progress. I'll post it in a new thread.

Return to “Cold Hard Cash 2”