Weapons list

Cold Hard Cash 2: For Firepower And Profit development forum

Moderator: wildweasel

DoomRater

Post by DoomRater »

What I was thinking for the unarmed main attack- tapping fire does a jab, holding it does a 1-2, double-tapping does a 1-1, and double-tap holding (or porbably triple tap would work too, haven't banged out any code yet) does 1-1-2-3-4. The altfire would feature kicks which have more range and do more damage but the player would come to a stop while throwing them. Perhaps a special running ability could be added when you press reload? It'd make being unarmed a lil more useful... like kniferunning.
wildweasel
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by wildweasel »

Using Reload for things other than reloading is kind of confusing...but the rest of your ideas seem quite nice. And even with the code to stop the player from moving while kicking, it's still possible to jump-kick (which adds to the effect).

Go for it. I want to see just how insane the unarmed weapon can get.
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

Ok, I've added the D-Point upgrade to the magnum, though the way it's implemented is still up in the air.

EDIT: Firing can no longer kill you.
Attachments
454MagnumEnhanced.zip
"Use CHCMagnum" to select the magnum after IDFAing or whatever, "Give MagnumUpgrade" to upgrade the magnum
(112.58 KiB) Downloaded 114 times
Last edited by TheDarkArchon on Tue Jun 19, 2007 17:31, edited 2 times in total.
DoomRater

Post by DoomRater »

Laziness on my part (basically getting up at 2) has resulted in me getting nothing done today concerning code. I did get everything ELSE I wanted out of the way so tomorrow can start anew.

Seeing Xaser's crazy melee weapon also kinda helped. Now I know what I'm going up against- a crazy genius, that's what.
Paul

Post by Paul »

I'm totally unmotivated to work on this project right now. Sorry guys.
DoomRater

Post by DoomRater »

TDA: it's cool that the magnum can hurt you, but should it really be able to kill you?
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

Not really: Fixed.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

I'm most likely going to change the firing sounds for both modes, but excellent work, TDA.
Golden Heaven

Post by Golden Heaven »

Sorry for just posting somewhere I don't actually work on ( well I really suck at making new sprites ;) ) but I just want to say that those weapons look awesome, keep up the good work! And for the month to finish them, take your time, I've done quite some sprite recoloring and even that can be quite time-taking, so making sprites from scratch got to take up a lot of time. Anyway, as far as weapon sounds go, I've got quite a few WW2-like weapon sounds here, tell me what sort of weapon you have or what sort of sounds you need, I'll take a look if I can find it for you ( of course there is always a chance I can't find it but I'll do my best ).
DoomRater

Post by DoomRater »

You know, before I looked at that magnum code I didn't realize there WAS a way to check for player's health. Anyone got a list of variables that can be checked for in a JumpIf?
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

DoomRater

Post by DoomRater »

Looks like the only "unused" variables here are the special args. Nobody has specials activate when the player dies, right?

Return to “Cold Hard Cash 2”