The Mission List

Cold Hard Cash 2: For Firepower And Profit development forum

Moderator: wildweasel

wildweasel
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

The Mission List

Post by wildweasel »

This is the official list of selectable missions that will be created for CHC2. Names, numbers, and other specifics are naturally subject to change.

MISSION 1: The Cult

Client: Concerned Citizens
Background:
We've been having some issues lately with a certain cult referring to themselves as the Dawn of Belphegor. They're disturbing the citizens, and supposedly they're involved in various kidnappings and serial murders. Their leader, Charon, is wanted dead for hundreds of connected ritual killings.
Pay: 1,000 in advance, additional 1,500 upon successful elimination of Charon, 500 bonus for confirmed elimination of all cult members

MISSION 2: The Corporation

Client: Better Business Bureau
Background:
Complaints are stacking to the heavens over a mega-corporation called Gizmo. Some claim that they have mafia connections, but we're sure that's not why they seem so shady - rumors are flying around that they're responsible for the recent surge in junkie population, as a result of some bizarre overdose effects from their tests. Investigate their headquarters and get us what we need to shut them down - or better, save us the work and shut the place down yourself.
Pay: 1,500 for retrieval of the drugs in question, bonus 1,000 for complete elimination of all corporate personnel and test subjects

MISSION 3: The Base

Client: The People's Republic of <country name 1>
Background:
We are prepared to lead our assault against the <country name 2> Union, but one thing lies in the way: their 904th Heavy Infantry Division. We think we've got most of the 904's captured or killed, but not without heavy losses on our end. We can't afford any more, and we're certain that the remainder of the 904th is stationed at a base some five miles from the border. We want you to finish them off. You will be well compensated, naturally.
Pay: 500 for each confirmed kill

MISSION 4: The Space Program

Client: <country name 2> Space Exploration Program
Background:
The race to space domination between us and <country name 1> is at a stalemate. We continually match each other's moves. One of us builds a rocket, the other builds one of their own. Somebody builds a space station, boom, the other side has one that's at least as good, if not better. It's time that we outgrew this stalemate - we're sending you on a covert transport to the space station Freya, property of <country name 1>'s space program. Sabotage as much of the station as possible - everything short of blasting it out of orbit. We don't want them to suspect us.
Pay: 4,500 for the destruction of all system components aboard the station. A penalty of 2,500 will be taken if the station explodes (i.e. too many components are destroyed).

MISSION 5: The Crash Site

Client: Q-COM
Background:
We've discovered the remains of what appears to be an alien vessel, scattered in the wheat fields of a rural farming establishment. Investigate the crash site, and if there's any hostile life among the remains, take special care to take them out before they cause too many civilian casualties.
Pay: 3,000 for confirmed securing of crash site, additional 500 for each unique alien artifact found within the wreckage
Last edited by wildweasel on Tue Jun 26, 2007 18:51, edited 1 time in total.
DoomRater

Post by DoomRater »

Do you have a headquarters and town map in place for the player to roam around and buy weapons, perhaps get hints on more delicate weaponry?
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

There is a Hub map, which I probably ought to put on Rapidshare along with what else I have of the project thus far (as most of the links here are likely expired by now).
Golden Heaven

Post by Golden Heaven »

OOPS ( Objected-Oriënted Programing Systems 8) ), didn't really read this before starting to map, but have no fear, it's not like the map is almost finished, I'll try to squish in an NPC somewhere at the start that delivers you the cash in advance and gives you some info ( or is this done in the hub map? ), anyways, I'll make sure there's an optional mission available for killing all the cult members ( I'll have to find a not-to-weak monster which I can use 3 to 5 times ).

It'll be something like:
[spoiler]New objective information...
Linking up to objective database... ok

Main Objective: Find Charon, the leader of the cult.
Side Objective: Eliminate all the remaining cult members.

Current task: (for example) Find a way to get inside the main systems.[/spoiler]

done with hudmessage to make it look nice.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

The missions will probably be handled via the hub map, where the player accepts a mission (not sure what form the mission selections will take) and then go to the landing pad to go to that mission. I was discussing with a couple other team members a while back about the bonus objectives, and the idea was brought out where bonus objectives would be revealed by talking to informants in the hub map (and they're not always free).
Golden Heaven

Post by Golden Heaven »

ah ok, but I should put the bonus objective in the mission anyways so the player can do them, even if he hasn't accepted it from an NPC, but he will not receive cash for it as long as he hasn't accepted it. A ( potential ) problem might also be the following:
Suppose there is an NPC which gives you a bonus objective, the player does NOT talk to this NPC and goes on a mission. When there, he does the bonus objective, but he doesn't know he's doing it because he didn't receive information about it. A while later he returns to the hub map and finds out about the NPC who gives you the bonus objective, the NPC gives the objective to him, but he's already done it; will the player receive the cash instantly after talking ( because he already did it ) or will he just get the objective and never be able to finish it because he already did it?
DoomRater

Post by DoomRater »

I would think he should receive the cash right off the bat, or the bonus objective should not be completable until the player has talked to the informant, depending on the type of mission.
Golden Heaven

Post by Golden Heaven »

I think it's best if we put all the objectives in a library or something and use KEYCONF. That way we can let the player press ( for example ) the "O" key and his current objectives will show ( in the form of HudMessage? ). The amount of Objectives depend on which objectives he has already received. In the mission themselves you can use this sort of hudmessages:
New Task: Find a way to enter the hide-out.
Then later when he found an entrance and got in.
Task Completed: Find a way to enter the hide-out.
Another while later he finds a depot;
New Task: Investigate the depot.
and so on..
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

I think it should also be possible to return to a mission after having completed it, so the player can finish bonus objectives. The only exception to this would be the Space Station Freya mission (if the player has accidentally blown the entire station up).
Golden Heaven

Post by Golden Heaven »

wildweasel wrote:I think it should also be possible to return to a mission after having completed it.
I think that's auto-enabled/included in a hub map, I think you can always go back to collect items. The only hard part will be scripting the library, there's a tutorial about it on the ZDOOM wiki though.

Return to “Cold Hard Cash 2”