Status Report!

Cold Hard Cash 2: For Firepower And Profit development forum

Moderator: wildweasel

wildweasel
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Status Report!

Post by wildweasel »

Alright guys - if anybody's been working on this project, I think it's time we put our heads together and figure out where we're at. How are the maps doing, what's the latest version of all of our files, etc.

Post by Alter »

I'm not working on any thing here, due to important project which i focus on, you know which one xenus 1.5
Marty Kirra

Post by Marty Kirra »

Well, I'm kind of here. Not so much useable right now though.
Nash
Developer
Developer

Post by Nash »

If anyone has noticed, I haven't been on for more than a month. My new recording studio, among other things in real-life, is just taking all of my time. I do not have time to play computer games for the time being.

Sorry if this comes as a selfish course of action, but I have no choice but to sign out of the hub map and Strife conversation scripting, so that someone else can take over the tasks. I could have done a whole lot more if KSSC3 had come out much earlier (the main reason that kept me from making progress in the conversations department was due to some serious bugs in KSSC2 which prevented me from correctly setting up merchants). I don't blame Kaiser though; I'm glad he came up with a fixed version but it just came out a little too late for me.

I haven't taught myself KSSC3's syntax but looking at Kaiser's docs, it appears to be very easy, a hell of a lot easier than previous versions of KSSC. But to be honest, KSSC2 was not hard at all - I'm saying this to encourage other people to learn KSSC3. :) I'm sure you guys can figure it out...

I also feel that (G)ZDoom development has been really slow in general, and it's very unenergizing. Eventhough changes are constantly being made in the SVN version, there hasn't been any official releases for a very long time. Just goes to show what real-life can do to projects like this. :/

With that said, good luck on this project Weasel, hopefully one day I get to play the finished product. It's been fun. See you guys around. :)
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

I wish you luck with whatever you're doing, and I'm going to leave you in the usergroup in case you ever decide to come back. I don't expect you to return anytime soon, but if you ever have the urge to come around and see how things are doing, I'm not gonna stop you.
Paul

Post by Paul »

Bump.

Do we have some sort of a server to upload stuff to?
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

We really quite badly need one =P
Paul

Post by Paul »

I shall talk with Grubber to donate us something we could use.
Paul

Post by Paul »

Another Bump!

Sorry to butt into administrating issues, but can we make a list of the people working on this project? A team list that is.

Post by Alter »

Working on hub map, thinking about revamping whole layout because JUST PUTTING warehouse area would be bad
Golden Heaven

Post by Golden Heaven »

Daily working on Mission A: The Cult. Progress is going well and it's starting to become one big, ( as ) detailed ( as possible ) map. Thought it's already big, I think it's far from finished. In the big part that's already done, I've only managed to put 1 ( of the tree I'm going to do ) Cult Members ( bonus objective ) in. I don't know if I'm going to take the same skins for all three Cult Members you can fight yet. For Charon I'm going to take the Bruiser Demon ( with some adjusted DECORATE of course ).

Anyway I've got a nice idea which I didn't really know where to put, so I'll put it here: What if we give the player a 'health bar' ( at the start of the game we can disable [ with ACS or MAPINFO ] the HUD of the player ) and give him a 'health bar', like some people do when you fight a boss. And when his health goes ( for example ) below 20, you make a message ( with hudmessage? ) blink that says: "Low health" in red, while the message blinks you have play a sound, like in movies, when a computer gets an error and a missile is launched that is supposed to destroy the world, that kinda sound :D.

Second idea: The strife system of taking items, like if you 'buy' a medkit, you can port it with you ( I think know if this has already been put in the hub map, but I'm not really sure, so I'll post it again :p ) and you can check your inventory, just like Strife ( Heretic/Hexen use the same system ).
Marty Kirra

Post by Marty Kirra »

Okay, I'm posting here to clarify that I'm still alive. I'm on vacation but I still have access to the internet, just not my tools or wads or pretty much anything of the sort.
Golden Heaven

Post by Golden Heaven »

I've got to say that I wont be mapping for an unkown amount of time. I had some errors with my Windows so I decided to format, now I'm stuck with an OS I'm not familiar with at all and cannot map decently. So I'm waiting for some new hardware so I can reïnstall my old Windows. Just so you'd know.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

And so the CHC2 team is back to a state of limbo. Ah well =P

Return to “Cold Hard Cash 2”