[Models] Mirror/Rotation similar to ZOffset property

Moderator: Graf Zahl

Tormentor667
Stronghold Team

[Models] Mirror/Rotation similar to ZOffset property

Post by Tormentor667 »

Any chance of getting a "mirror" or "rotation" property just in the same style as the ZOffset property with which you can adjust the offset ingame? This would be quite useful if you want objects upside down or rotated (not rotating!).

For example, I have a spider model that I really would like to also walk on the ceiling, but unfortunately, I would need to completely rework the whole model to achieve this. With such a property, it would be much easier ;)
Enjay
Developer
Developer

Post by Enjay »

I've never worked with animated models in Milkshape but I know that many modeling programs can allow you to select all the vertexes and perform the same action on each frame. eg, In Quake Model Editor, I would be able to flip a whole model upside down in a few seconds, then quickly go through the frames just to make sure that individual frames are sitting where they need to be. Of course, QME can't handle MD3s so that would obviously be a problem.

One thing to be aware of, getting things to sit flush with the ceiling is trickier than the floor. With the floor, you just make sure that the model is sitting on the origin and it lines up with the floor. For ceiling actors, it's not that simple as the height of the actor has a part to play and scaling factors can upset things as well.
Tormentor667
Stronghold Team

Post by Tormentor667 »

Well, QME can handle its interior format before I actually export to MD3, but unfortunately I haven't found something yet that can flip or rotate the animations and/or model :(
WadaHolic

Re: [Models] Mirror/Rotation similar to ZOffset property

Post by WadaHolic »

This would be extremely handy since for some reason weapon HUD models always appear mirrored :S
dark-slayer-201

Re: [Models] Mirror/Rotation similar to ZOffset property

Post by dark-slayer-201 »

scale -1.0 1.0 1.0
that works for mirroring on hud weapons.

scale 1.0 1.0 -1.0
that works for flipping it upside down.

Return to “Closed Feature Suggestions”