[done] Partial mouselook

Moderator: Graf Zahl

Janizdreg

[done] Partial mouselook

Post by Janizdreg »

I'd like to see a ZDoom-like mouselook with limited angles in GZDoom as an option. This is because I hate the way the sprites look when viewed from extreme angles. :x
Cutmanmike

Post by Cutmanmike »

Isn't it already in?
Enjay
Developer
Developer

Post by Enjay »

Could you, I dunno, just not move your mouse quite so far. :P
Nash
Developer
Developer

Post by Nash »

I still think my proposal of limiting the angle of the SPRITES is the best way.

You STILL get full mouselook, it's just that the sprites angle don't drastically change vertically...

I don't know jack about maths and programming, but the code that sets the sprites' Y angle (or is it X angle, I don't understand 3-d programming) would just have to be divided by 2, or 4, or something...

Again, I am probably talking crap because I know nothing about programming, but I hope you know what I'm on about. Basically, I propose for the sprites angle to change a lot slower when you are mouselooking, so that by the time you are looking full up/down, the sprites' angle isn't so drastically flat...
Nuxius

Post by Nuxius »

ZDoomGL has a option to limit the viewing of sprites, and it was one of the first things I turned off.

Although I'll agree that looking at flat sprites from above isn't the greatest, it's better than the alternative. Limiting the viewing angle of sprites has them tilting and rocking everytime you look up or down.

Just load up a game of ZDoomGL, and go to options=>display options=>opengl options=>sprite options, and make sure "sprite billboard" is set to X/Y axis. Now walk around a bit and look at the crap that happens. Much like ZDoom's so called mouse look (which should have been called mouse scan), I found it to be a nauseating experience.

I suppose if enough people actually prefer that method, perhaps you could port it over as a option in GZDoom, Graf?
Attachments
yuck.jpg
yuck.jpg (51.92 KiB) Viewed 1494 times
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

Considering that it looks like shit and due to some issues in conjunction with 3D-floor based lighting I'd rather not invest the work.

Return to “Closed Feature Suggestions”