Feature Suggestion

Moderator: Graf Zahl

Quaker540

Feature Suggestion

Post by Quaker540 »

Hello everybody! 8)

I know that "Feature Suggestion" forum has been closed, so I decide to post about my suggestion here. What I actually want is a new flag that forces TELESTOMP flag. Let's say it "FORCETELESTOMP" flag now. What it does, is that it can tre-pass "NOTELEFRAG" flag. If let's say is a monster that can't be telefragged, an "special" actor can telefrag it. Would you kindly do something like this please? Except if something like that already exists. It would be really nice if you could add it! :D

Thanks for reading!
Blue Shadow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Feature Suggestion

Post by Blue Shadow »

Quaker540 wrote:I know that "Feature Suggestion" forum has been closed, so I decide to post about my suggestion here.
Non-GZDoom suggestions are best to be posted here.

Regardless, I don't think this will get in, as NOTELEFRAG means just that; the actor cannot be telefragged under any circumstance. This seems similar to NOPAIN and FORCEPAIN flags. An actor with NOPAIN flag will not enter its pain state even if it was forced to do so.

Anyway, I'm not a developer, so who knows...
Quaker540

Re: Feature Suggestion

Post by Quaker540 »

Blue Shadow wrote: Non-GZDoom suggestions are best to be posted here.

Regardless, I don't think this will get in, as NOTELEFRAG means just that; the actor cannot be telefragged under any circumstance. This seems similar to NOPAIN and FORCEPAIN flags. An actor with NOPAIN flag will not enter its pain state even if it was forced to do so.

Anyway, I'm not a developer, so who knows...
Actually, I posted that here because I'm banned on ZDoom forums (I don't want to continue that sort of thing, so let's go back to my comment). ZDoom Wiki doesn't say that this actor cannot be telefragged under any circumstance. It simply says that it can't be telefragged. If there was a flag called "FORCETELESTOMP" I would be in awe, what I want to do is to make an actor invulnerable against telefrags (NOTELEFRAG flag) but if you are the one who teleports, you can telefrag that actor. I think this would help many many people who want to do something like this :) It's very useful.

Return to “Closed Feature Suggestions”