Are dynamic lights and additive textures working fine?

Moderator: Graf Zahl

Batandy

Are dynamic lights and additive textures working fine?

Post by Batandy »

A few months ago i made this level for GS2, and i mostly used dynamic lights and water 3d floors with additive settings, as you can see in the first pic, it's how i wanted it to look, the water texture was very shiny, the area was basically 80% lit by the dynamic lights
I've recently updated to the latest available build (gzdoom-x64-g2.2pre-1664-g18ebe92), and the level looks different, the area is mostly dark and the water texture is almost transparent, because of this some of the linedefs look very dark, is it intended?

(Wish i could tell you what build i was using when i mapped that map, but i can't remember, still, it isn't a build released after April 24 since i did my last edit to the map that day.)
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Re: Are dynamic lights and additive textures working fine?

Post by Graf Zahl »

Yes, I disabled dynamic lighting of additive surfaces because I have seen several mods which used these as light gradients or for some volumetric fog effects and on those it looked extremely bad because the more brightly such a surface is lit the more it obstructs what is behind which is not how this should work.
Batandy

Post by Batandy »

Alright, thanks for the clarification, fixing my map
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

Sorry it took so long. I just added a new MAPINFO option to reenable the old behavior ('lightadditivesurfaces = 1')

Return to “Closed Feature Suggestions”