[Suggestion] ProgressiveSpawner

Moderator: Graf Zahl

mattbratt11

[Suggestion] ProgressiveSpawner

Post by mattbratt11 »

Is it too late for more Feature Suggestions?
Anyways, I have my first Feature Suggestion for (G)ZDoom.

ProgressiveSpawner is like RandomSpawner, but it's not Randomized, it's Episodic.
For Example, the weakest monster is the first to be spawned in the game, and as you progress through the game, stronger monsters may replace them, and the strongest replacement will be seen near the end of the game.
It's very useful in Maps with huge waves of Cyberdemons and Spiderminds, but in a very possible subject such as Hell Revealed 2 and Zandronum's Invasion Maps, amongst others.
This idea is based on Endless Survival and ScoreDoom where I was inspired to make this Feature Suggestion.

I hope you'll love this Feature Suggestion to be added to (G)ZDoom (if you have time to read this).
Rachael
Developer
Developer

Re: [Suggestion] ProgressiveSpawner

Post by Rachael »

I realize you're excited with the developments that GZDoom has been receiving lately, but, this still applies: http://forum.drdteam.org/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=5848

Also, this is more appropriate for ZDoom, anyway, as this has little to nothing to do with GZDoom's renderer.

I'm locking this thread because I think nothing good can come of this if this discussion were to continue, and I really don't want to deal with anyone being angry and upset over what's pretty much been made final for the past 4 years excepting when someone else was already willing to do the work.
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Re: [Suggestion] ProgressiveSpawner

Post by Graf Zahl »

Even if this were a ZDoom suggestion it'd be outright 'no'd - the reason being that this squarely falls under 'please do the work for me because I do not want to script it myself.'.

Nothing more to say here.

Return to “Closed Feature Suggestions”