Top/Bottom and Row-Interleaved Stereo 3D modes

Moderator: Graf Zahl

biospud
Developer
Developer

Top/Bottom and Row-Interleaved Stereo 3D modes

Post by biospud »

This pull request adds two new stereoscopic 3D modes to gzdoom.

1) Top/Bottom 3D mode, which draws the left eye view compressed into the top half of the screen, and the right eye view in the bottom half of the screen. I tested this on my 2012 Samsung 3D TV and it works well. This mode might eventually form the basis of a more general 3D TV mode, if the video card manufacturers ever deign to offer us developers direct access to the HMDI 1.4 stream. Top/Bottom mode was a good starting point for the second and more important mode in this pull request:

2) Row-interleaved 3D mode: which draws the left eye viewpoint into even numbered scan lines, and the right eye view into odd numbered scan lines. This mode is important because it supports most of the best passive 3D display screens. I tested this on my 2012 Samsung 3D TV and it works well. If you drag the window around the screen in this mode, the stereo parity will flicker between correct and inverted, but as soon as you release the mouse button to stop dragging the game window, the 3D effect will snap back into the correct sense.

Pull request is at https://github.com/coelckers/gzdoom/pull/114

Return to “Closed Feature Suggestions”