Custom HUDs Help

Need help with your project? Ask here.
Whoo

Custom HUDs Help

Post by Whoo »

Hey. I'm new to the forums, and basiclly GZdoom editing. So I'm asking what steps there are to get started making a advanced HUD.
Fabio914

Re: Custom HUDs Help

Post by Fabio914 »

Whoo wrote:Hey. I'm new to the forums, and basiclly GZdoom editing. So I'm asking what steps there are to get started making a advanced HUD.
You have two options:

Do your HUD with ACS (not recommended for beginners || click here to learn more about it) or do your HUD with SBARINFO lump (it might be easier for you ||click here to learn more about it)

And one more thing:

When you ask for "advanced hud" you say that´s you´re looking for a new STBAR or a entirely new hud (like this one below)?

Whoo

Post by Whoo »

Yeppers, I was hoping to do it something like your Doom3 wad, or the HUD from the Doom Alpha.
Whoo

Post by Whoo »

Here's the HUD I want to do.
Attachments
HUD.PNG
HUD.PNG (11.2 KiB) Viewed 1904 times
wildweasel
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by wildweasel »

Would you be willing to make do with the variant I cooked up here? It's not 100% accurate to the Doom Alpha hud (I took some artistic liberties to maximize the amount of useful information) but it works...
Whoo

Post by Whoo »

Yes that HUD is excellent, but Is there a way to make it work in skulltag?
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Skulltag is so woefully out of date (to my knowledge) that I don't feel like rewriting the HUD to work with it and then have it be broken for current ZDoom/GZDoom versions.
Whoo

Post by Whoo »

:shock: Skulltag just released Skulltag97D with GZdoom & Zdoom builds. It also has GZdoom features.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Whoo wrote::shock: Skulltag just released Skulltag97D with GZdoom & Zdoom builds. It also has GZdoom features.
Well, the RC10 build that I just downloaded from the server appears to have the same problem with SBARINFO syntax that previous G/ZDooms had. Until they update to a more recent ZDoom codebase, the alpha hud will not work as intended, and I do not wish to tinker with it at the moment.

Return to “Editing Help”