Can't get the 'pulsing light' to work

Post by KJC »

The settings for this thing is:

Red: 255
Green: 0
Blue: 0
Start Intensity: 16
End Intensity: 96

When I load the game there is zero light coming from it. But when I change it to static light, there is no problem.
KJC

Post by KJC »

Hi, it's me again...

Now I'm having a problem with a 3d bridge which is going over deep water (lava).

With the screenshot below, you can see that the fog/colour of what should be under the lava, is under the bridge. The settings for the bridge are as follows:

Tag: 39
Type: 1
Flag: 0
Alpha 255
Tag hibyte: 0

I then changed the flag type to 1 and that solved the problem of the funky light and fog underneath the bridge, but the problem is it appears to have disappeared from the lava as well.

If there's not a possible fix for this, I'd settle for having the flag changed to 1, because most players aren't going to notice the oddity underneath the lava... but still...
Janitor
Persecution Complex

Post by Janitor »

Its quite simple, the "angle" of the Thing is the interval between intensities. Try using that.
ChupaReaper

Post by ChupaReaper »

For the 3D floor problems, there're two things you can try:
1. Set the Flags of the bridge to 1, this stops all lighting effects from the 3D floor.
2. If 1 doesn't work, you could make an invisible 3D floor with a height of 0 on top of the lava, then set the lighting of this floor to what you want the lava beneath to be, its a bit of a cheat, but it should work, make sure you set this floor as swimmable though.

Return to “Editing Help”