HQ sound effects and Risen 3D

Need help with your project? Ask here.
Chuglug

HQ sound effects and Risen 3D

Post by Chuglug »

Hello,

I absolutely love what the Risen 3D project has done to DOOM. Is there a way to use the HQ sound effects pack with Risen? IF this is possible, then how do you accomplish it?

thanks
Enjay
Developer
Developer

Re: HQ sound effects and Risen 3D

Post by Enjay »

It is possible. You can just load it like a normal WAD. The easiest and recommended way is to put the file in this folder

risen3d\data

Then, in the launcher, add the following to the command line

-data pk_doom_sfx.wad

Very soon, there will be a version of the file uploaded to the Risen3D site, packaged to extract to the correct directory (ie the data directory that I mentioned above) and the launcher is also going to be updated so that you do not need to add the extra stuff to the command line but merely check an option in the sound tab of the launcher instead.

As an aside, if you have decent sound hardware, IMO Risen3D has one of the best sounds of all the games I play - and I don't just mean the Doom ports that I play. The way it handles EAX effects, especially in maps set up to use them, is superb and the hi-res sounds really enhance that. My 7.1 surround sound system is given a good workout by some of the maps. The recent "Cruel Death" map is a very good example.
Firebrand
Dev Builds Team

Re: HQ sound effects and Risen 3D

Post by Firebrand »

Yes, it sounds VERY different from other games or doom source ports :). I didn't played any custom maps or it until recently and they are very well pulled off, you feel like playing a different game with each of them.
I'm the ruler of the Fire Power.....

Return to “Editing Help”