gzdoom doesn't detect player spot on next map

Need help with your project? Ask here.
DefconRazor32

gzdoom doesn't detect player spot on next map

Post by DefconRazor32 »

I ran into a small prroblem and i dunno if it's just a bug or not but here's the info. I made my map for shizism and on the end point of the map i put a line with the end(normal) in map01, once i get into gzdoom it says no player when i know i put a player spot in the map02, i tryed replace and that usually helps but in this case it keeps showing the no player start thing when i know i did. I use Gzdoom 1.2.01.
PeskySaurus

Re: gzdoom doesn't detect player spot on next map

Post by PeskySaurus »

i don't .... exactly understand the question.... i mean i understand the question but i don't understand your explanation

do you have them named normally like MAP01 and MAP02? If not you might wanna define in mapinfo. infact, maybe you should define in mapinfo anyways. at the very least, i do. here is what i mean:
Spoiler:
(all that jibber jabber is from my project "Purgatory". ) another possibility.. are you testing it in deathmatch mode by accident? i've had game crashes when testing deathmatch and then we go to a level with no DM starts. but it says no player 1 start ... or something. i forget.
"Maybe one day I can figure it out, till then I just put another cigarette out, pull up a chair, open a brew, sit on the porch, and do what I do..." -Rehab
Enjay
Developer
Developer

Post by Enjay »

This happens when either:

a) you have inadvertently given the player start spot an incorrect argument.

b) you have given the exit line from the previous map an argument that does not tie in with the arguments on the player start spot of the next map.

Under normal circumstances, arguments of 0 should be used. Other arguments are only necessary when making maps with more than one P1 start (eg in hub levels that you can enter from an number of different places).
PeskySaurus

Post by PeskySaurus »

why is everyone so much smarter than me?? LOL
"Maybe one day I can figure it out, till then I just put another cigarette out, pull up a chair, open a brew, sit on the porch, and do what I do..." -Rehab
DefconRazor32

Post by DefconRazor32 »

I looked and Enjay you are very right. I feel annoyed tho that i put the wrong arguments and stuff i'm still new to mapping even tho i mapped for 5 years most my maps went wrong or never finished cause doombuilder also gave me texture errors but those were bugs. I'm using doombuilder 2 now so i'm trying to get used to mapping completely. I am very thankful for your help Enjay, same goes to you PeskySaurus.

Return to “Editing Help”