Need DECORATE Help

Need help with your project? Ask here.
Herculine

Need DECORATE Help

Post by Herculine »

I'm working on a randomizer mod that will add many monsters and items from the Realm667 Beastiary and so far it's been going extremely well with the general monsters, however...

...I want to replace the Tall Techno Floor Lamp with a Tesla Coil monster, but I can't find out what to call the Floor Lamps in my DECORATE lump to get this to work.

I looked through several different topics about actors and such in the ZDoom wiki but could not find the ID for this one item.

Does anyone know what it's called, or better still, can someone please direct me to a complete list of the IDs for things?

THANX
Rex Claussen
Developer
Developer

Re: Need DECORATE Help

Post by Rex Claussen »

Herculine wrote:...I want to replace the Tall Techno Floor Lamp with a Tesla Coil monster, but I can't find out what to call the Floor Lamps in my DECORATE lump to get this to work ..... Does anyone know what it's called
Are you referring to the TechLamp2?

Incidentally, you don't necessarily have to "replace" an existing DooM actor (i.e., replace TechLamp2 with Tesla Coil Monster). You can simply create a new actor with the appropriate properties and states.
.... or better still, can someone please direct me to a complete list of the IDs for things?
Here is a link to all the classes for DooM actors.
Herculine

Post by Herculine »

Thanks for the help and the link to the list; that's exactly what I needed.

I'm creating the new actor because I don't want to totally replace the TechLamps; rather I'm creating a randomizer that will only occasionally drop the Tesla Coil in their places for unpredictability. This should work perfectly now. THANX!
PeskySaurus

Post by PeskySaurus »

Herculine wrote:Thanks for the help and the link to the list; that's exactly what I needed.

I'm creating the new actor because I don't want to totally replace the TechLamps; rather I'm creating a randomizer that will only occasionally drop the Tesla Coil in their places for unpredictability. This should work perfectly now. THANX!

Yeah, I've always found creating a new actor to make more sense. This mod sounds interesting... the coil thing you describe reminds me of RPGs that have treasure chest monsters. lol
"Maybe one day I can figure it out, till then I just put another cigarette out, pull up a chair, open a brew, sit on the porch, and do what I do..." -Rehab
Herculine

Post by Herculine »

LOL... I had forgotten about those man-eating treasure chests!

Yes, the point of what I'm doing is to try to provide unpredictability, even for those old IWADs we've all got memorized.

Return to “Editing Help”