mapinfo not working for me

Need help with your project? Ask here.
Cyborggeffien

mapinfo not working for me

Post by Cyborggeffien »

Mapinfo is not working for me. Here is the script that I made:
Spoiler: CHJ_Christopher Switch MAPINFO
When I test a map in Doom builder to try out my new sky (i did another method of making a new sky but only half of it showed up and that's why I made this script) I get an error message from GZDoom:

Code: Select all

Script error, "CHJ_CH~1.WAD:MAPINFO" line 3:
MAP02: Unknown top level keyword
Does anybody know how to fix this?

If anybody is curious about why only half the sky appeared and why I made this script, it is because the originally named RSKY1 size was set to 256x128, only making half of the texture appear. I renamed the sky, removed the second three, and came up with this mapinfo script.
Blue Shadow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: mapinfo not working for me

Post by Blue Shadow »

Cyborggeffien wrote:Does anybody know how to fix this?
You forgot to add a "nice" name for the maps' definitions. It's part of the syntax:

Code: Select all

map MAP01 "Entryway" // <--- or whatever you want it to be
{
next = "MAP02"
sky1 = "CLDSKY1"
}
For reference, see here.
If anybody is curious about why only half the sky appeared and why I made this script, it is because the originally named RSKY1 size was set to 256x128, only making half of the texture appear. I renamed the sky, removed the second three, and came up with this mapinfo script.
You should probably replace the sky texture itself with your new sky instead of replacing the patch that makes up the sky texture. So, name your sky "SKY1" and put it inside a directory which is called textures if you're working with PK3s/ZIPs, or put it between TX_START and TX_END markers if you're working with WADs.

Return to “Editing Help”