A retread AND a noob!

Need help with your project? Ask here.
LongForgotten

Re: A retread AND a noob!

Post by LongForgotten »

Oh, well in that case, I uploaded my "masterpiece" Doctor Doom, and the sadly incomplete Arcade DM in my google games folder.
..Tremble... lol
LongForgotten

Post by LongForgotten »

Alrighty then, getting back to the GAME itself, just for a moment...I pulled the "map01" from the HM Doom mod, and I'm trying to convert the map from the mansion to the grinch. As I recall, I need a script, a animated texture file, a decorate lump...A sound info file...Oh boy. The nuts and bolts.
:bfg: :twisted:
LongForgotten

Post by LongForgotten »

Oh boy, I figured out how to do textures. Amazing.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4QTsz ... sp=sharing

This is just a small test. It looks stupid at this point lol I'll get it right.

-UPDATE-

LongForgotten

Post by LongForgotten »

...And this is why this mod is in the "Editing help" section... lol

How do you align textures in ZDBuilder? I see I can arc lines, but then they aren't aligned automatically.

..Help, please?
LongForgotten

Post by LongForgotten »

Oh, and isn't there a command in zdoom, like -record avi, or something like that?
I don't want to to a screen capture, if I don't have to.

...Oh, and that guy, wildweasel, at that OTHER forum is an ****
Just thought I'd say.
LongForgotten

Post by LongForgotten »

I'm having quite a little conversation with myself...
...No, I'm NOT! lol

I think there's only 3 people here, and 2 of them died of old age. :angel:

I've started to combine the HM and Grinch wads, and every day, I'll upload a new version of this amazing, epic piece of work.
Do you feel exited, just standing THIS near to me?
Gez
Developer
Developer

Post by Gez »

LongForgotten wrote:...And this is why this mod is in the "Editing help" section... lol

How do you align textures in ZDBuilder? I see I can arc lines, but then they aren't aligned automatically.

..Help, please?
You can use autoalign in 3D mode, by default I believe the key is 'a'.

Also you can always adjust offsets for each texture. In 3D mode I believe you can do that with the arrow keys (and shift+arrow keys for more precision).
LongForgotten

Post by LongForgotten »

Oh yeah, 3-D mode. I'll try that.
BUT...I just ran into a brick wall for my project. I don't have my uncompiled scripts anymore. Can I remove them from the map information, and re edit them?
Rex Claussen
Developer
Developer

Post by Rex Claussen »

LongForgotten wrote:I don't have my uncompiled scripts anymore. Can I remove them from the map information, and re edit them?
Where did you first create your scripts? Presumably you wrote them in a text format before compiling them. [I vaguely recall that DeepSea does something like that, where only the complied scripts are included in the wad.] Hopefully you kept the text versions, otherwise you'll have to use some kind of decompiler and then fill in the gaps that the decompilation process tends to cause.

I'm not sure what you mean by: "Can I remove them from the map information, and re edit them?"
LongForgotten

Post by LongForgotten »

Not sure what I mean..? lol Because I have no clue what I'm doing. he he

I used listacs, and it looks like a version of my old script. I guess that'll do.
Thank you, everyone for your input.

...I assume everyone has seen the latest "test" map?

Try it in deathmatch mode. I'm testing an idea... lol
LongForgotten

Post by LongForgotten »

Hmmm...Well here it is, the 10th, and I haven't updated my file since the 2nd. I have the whole layout imagined, and planned out. I have my scripts I need to edit. And it's really simple, the haunted mansion decorated with Who-ish christmas decorations, and about 12 or so little "window boxes" with a scene from the grinch cartoon in each. And a player skin of the grinch.
Great....BUT...
Is that all I've got? This screams for more.Ever play massmouth, one or 2? That was amazing. This is a jokewad by comparison. Please, I ask for ideas...Anything.
A monty python skit, like "The Argument Sketch"?

Heat-Miser-
"I told you once.."
Grinch-
"No, you didn't!"
Heat-Miser-
"...Oh, is this going to be a 5 min argument, or the full half hour?"
LongForgotten

Post by LongForgotten »

A grinch is walking up a snowy mountain, w snow falling. A grinch hand rings a hanging bell. The Grinch appears in the doorway, and says "How do you do?" The new grinch says he's here for the ad in the paper for assistant grinch. The game is The Grinch teaching and testing the new grinch. The Grinch makes comments while you play, with his face along w the hud-message. After the first few levels of testing, you get the job as caretaker for Grinchland amusement park.

Return to “Editing Help”