The ZDRP | Been re-revamped! Page 1.

Want to give your project a release? Stick it here. (Note: This forum should be for released projects only, not for works in progress - use the Projects forum for that!)
KeksDose
Stronghold Team

The ZDRP | Been re-revamped! Page 1.

Post by KeksDose »

ZDRP = JDRP For (G)ZDoom and maybe Skulltag!

Randomness:
  • Explosion Demo - Needs GZD 1.0.28 or higher or it'll look weird!
    This is this explosion which I was messing with when GZDoom V.1.0.28 came out. It turned out to be actually pretty nice. :)

• Waterplanes with steam effect[/i]
    I love this one, it fills three different planes with steam. You can also set the spawning rate!
Large red text to get your attention to -->this<-- part of the first post, which is actually acting as a kind of marker, but no one cares, anyway!
And [re]done!
http://www.speedyshare.com/399172791.html
http://www.sendspace.com/file/v7iquz

Changes:
  • The file is a clean pk3.
  • Cleaned tons of code.
  • Replaced some graphics (like fire and smoke).
  • Added warping flats.
  • Redone some things (especially boss deaths which turn out as infernos).
  • Less gameplay inteference.
  • Other random things! See yourself! =P
Random screenshots:
Spoiler: :nuke:
Have fun! =P

I do allow it to be used in mods, mess around with it as much as you want, but I really, REALLY want to be mentioned in the credits if you do so!
Last edited by KeksDose on Thu Mar 12, 2009 20:53, edited 36 times in total.
wildweasel
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by wildweasel »

The screenshots don't really do much for me aside from show off the fact that there are particles. I'd need to see this in action before I state an informed opinion.
farlowj

Post by farlowj »

The green smoke coming from the slime barrels looks pretty cool.
KeksDose
Stronghold Team

Re: GZDooM Effectpack!

Post by KeksDose »

[Edit]

Old version deleted. Why should I have an old version if I have a new version? And it's just waste-of-space.
Last edited by KeksDose on Wed Jul 04, 2007 16:52, edited 2 times in total.
KeksDose
Stronghold Team

Re: GZDooM Effectpack

Post by KeksDose »

Since this project is almost finished, I decided to make HZEP (Heretic effectpack), HXZEP (Hexen effectpack) and SZEP (Strife effectpack). But for now, I need your suggestions: Just say if you like it, don't like it, post things I could improve, and so on and so on, so I know if I should work on the other effectpacks.
Tormentor667
Stronghold Team

Post by Tormentor667 »

Gute Arbeit soweit :) Gerne mehr davon ;)
KeksDose
Stronghold Team

Post by KeksDose »

Thanks, Torm. Or, "danke". I shall start working on the Heretic Effectpack now. I will upload it when it's "somewhat" done. So stay tuned! :D
KeksDose
Stronghold Team

Re: GZDooM Effectpack!

Post by KeksDose »

I was messing around with the Lost Soul Fire, Imp Fireballs and so on, and I noticed they explode somewhat very strange, so I made an update. Nicer explosion for everyone! :D But with the Heretic-Pack -- I started, but everything looks PLAIN and UGLY. Ah well, here's the GZEP with the nicer explosions. :D

Edit:
Deleted the old version, it's just a waste-of-space.
Last edited by KeksDose on Mon May 21, 2007 17:51, edited 1 time in total.
KeksDose
Stronghold Team

New version.

Post by KeksDose »

Update:
-Made the flames and particles "smoother" with their fade-out animation. Looks MUCH better now.

-Made flames and particles stay longer.

-Fixed the weirdness of the rockets. Smoke won't come out of the "head" now.

-Made the burning barrel fire go up instead of going into some directions. Looks nicer.

-Fixed some "new explosion" bugs. Now the flames of explosions go out in every direction.
Paul
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by Paul »

Your flames look very nice. Especially Imp's fireballs.

However, blood looks like red steam. Perhaps you could make it not float upwards? Smoke generally is too white. Looks more like .. steam actually. Try making it darker. And try to find more particle graphics. The same sprites all over the place look a bit artifiicial.

Try using IDBEHOLDL by your particles. They look kinda odd with the light visor.

Other than that, keep up the good work. So far it has much promise (the project).
KeksDose
Stronghold Team

Post by KeksDose »

Ok Paul, I try some things out. I tested it out with the "enhanced nightvision-mode"... They look so... blocky. I didn't notice that because I don't use this feature. I try and fix that soon. And thanks for the tips :D Oh and for the blood other guys were saying:"Why do they start burning? O,o". Ah well, fun aside, I'll fix everything today.

Edit:

I'm sorry, but it might take some time. The IDBEHOLDL bug is fixed, but the alpha channel bugs me off. It will take some time, until I find another ways of making translucent particles. :(

Edit 2:

I've found a new way now, the IDBEHOLDL and the IDBEHOLDV (Yes, Invulnerability Spheres bug me off, too) bugs are fixed. But I'm going for a make-over: I will have some new Particle-Graphics (Flipped, Rotated, Distorted, Round, Random Scale etc...). I'm going to rewrite the ENTIRE fire code, to make it look more realistic, so they would look like the DooMsDay ones. And if I'm finally done with that, THEN I will start the Heretic-Pack, or whatever, maybe the one which is really needed right now. So stay tuned, it should be done so in next week or so (or in a few days? ^^). Maybe I'm even going from starting again from scratch, but I'm more experienced now, with the bugs and so on, and that Additive-OMG-Float-Up-Blood-Which-Looks-Like-Steam won't look that good. I'm thinking of new effects right now...

-Better Explosions ^^
-Better Flames
-Laser-Ish Particles for Plasma projectiles
-More Variation on Particles
-Redoing the Particle-Graphics
-For OpenGL AND Software Mode(!) (BIG maybe!!!)
-MAYBE making something like Glow-Ish Particles and Muzzle-Flashes Alpha-Channeled.
-Better Splats for Blood

Stay tuned! :D BTW You can give me suggestions on things which I could do in the Effect-Pack! :D
KeksDose
Stronghold Team

Post by KeksDose »

Hey guys! I've made a flame update today... It looks much cooler than the last one (I think). This time, the sprites will be colored within fly, scaled within fly and it won't have gray smoke -- it has brown smoke now. These aren't just one sprite sized differently: The particles are all handdrawn now, every single frame. This is how they look like now:

Now we're in Hell!!!lol

Heehee, I'm going to release it today or so... Wow, this will be fun!

[Edit]

Okay, tomorrow in the Forum-Time. :)
KeksDose
Stronghold Team

Post by KeksDose »

Finally, not released as promised, but hey! New fire! :D It isn't very much (only for the Lost Soul and the DooM Imp?? And where is the smoke??? I RIP YOUR HEAD OFF.), but it looks much better! And the Light Visor Bug is fixed! Have fun :D

Tell me what you think. It will get updated either today or tomorrow, I try more things now.

[Edit]
Removed.
Last edited by KeksDose on Sun May 27, 2007 17:20, edited 1 time in total.
KeksDose
Stronghold Team

Post by KeksDose »

Update:
Added smoke effects :P And a explosion-thingy for the Imp-Fireball. That's it.
I'm still thinking of changing the flames one more time, to make it look more something like this here:

//Note: This is from an application I made to test a new engine out.\\
Maybe I will change it to somewhat more realistic looking flames...ah well, future.

[Edit]
Removed
Last edited by KeksDose on Sun May 27, 2007 17:19, edited 1 time in total.
KeksDose
Stronghold Team

Post by KeksDose »

*Comes out of hiding place*

Updated the flames one more time. Now that the flame effect is finally done, I can focus on enhancing projectiles, decorations and monsters, so on the next release you would see something like the Archvile fire burning, so stay tuned!

Pic-2-Compare:
This is how the new fire looks like...

[Edit]
Updated...
Last edited by KeksDose on Thu Jun 14, 2007 17:45, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Releases”