Dark Caliber

Want to give your project a release? Stick it here. (Note: This forum should be for released projects only, not for works in progress - use the Projects forum for that!)

Dark Caliber

Post by Alter »

http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/?id=15532

You ask, what the heck is it? it's a new wad created by me. It was originally a large wad by me and ellmo but he quit because of his new ambitious plans which he probably won't fulfill knowing him since i started out with mapping and there was R-one in the works ; p

So yeah all that remained from that collaboration project are 3 fun/large maps, you'll enjoy them, i guarantee that, here are some screens dudes

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

they are a bit outdated but whatever
wildweasel
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by wildweasel »

Is this designed specifically for Eternity, or just Boom-compatible?

Post by Alter »

wildweasel wrote:Is this designed specifically for Eternity, or just Boom-compatible?
you forgot to read the readme file don't you lazy weasel? It's compatible with any doom port that removes limits, in short, any port
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Apologies, I didn't notice that it was even up for download. =P

Post by Alter »

So wildweasel or anyone bothered to play it? I guess it takes long for an opinion from experts
Gendo

Re: Dark Caliber

Post by Gendo »

tested with newest GZD svn.

HERE BE SPOILERS
Spoiler:
END OF SPOILING.

All in all, i'd give it a 6/10 rating, often superb level design versus annoying and not very well balanced gameplay (although some battles are excellent).

i don't consider myself an expert, but i thought you'd like to hear someone's opinion on this eventually.
Rex Claussen
Developer
Developer

Post by Rex Claussen »

Gendo wrote:All in all, i'd give it a 6/10 rating, often superb level design versus annoying and not very well balanced gameplay (although some battles are excellent).

i don't consider myself an expert, but i thought you'd like to hear someone's opinion on this eventually.
Excellent summation. More "reviewers" should do what you have done in your Spoilers section - highlight both the pros and cons, while keeping the comments succinct, avoiding disparaging remarks of a personal nature, and being constructive.
Gendo

Post by Gendo »

thanks. besides, this section needs new projects. i can't believe nothing is released for GZDoom anymore.
Remmirath

Post by Remmirath »

It's just that the great part of the community is reunited on ZDoom. This seems to be quite dead
Spoiler:
SoulPriestess wrote:Good job, Morpheus! You are teh awesum!

Return to “Releases”