Marine Skins - v7

Want to give your project a release? Stick it here. (Note: This forum should be for released projects only, not for works in progress - use the Projects forum for that!)
Ghastly_dragon

Marine Skins - v7

Post by Ghastly_dragon »

First of all, I have to say that these skins were made by various authors, and not just me. Yes, I did get permission for all those I could, and full credit is given.

This skin pack contains 51 skins of the Doom marine with assorted weaponry (some from Doom 2, some from Skulltag and several custom). The included weapons are the Fists, Chainsaw, Pistol, Shotgun, Super Shotgun, Chaingun, Rocket Launcher, Plasma Rifle, BFG9000, Minigun, Grenade Launcher, Railgun, BFG10k, Knife, Stronghold's Chainsaw, Backpack/Pistol, Dual-Pistols, Stronghold's Pistol, Stronghold's Shotgun Sawed-Off Shotgun, Auto-Shotgun, LoS's Quad Shotgun, Submachinegun, Carbine, Doom 3 Machinegun, IGPack Nailgun, Super-Chaingun, Land-Mine, RevRocket, Stronghold's Rocket Launcher, Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launcher, Bazooka, Assault Grenade, HellStorm Cannon, HRL, Plasma Beam, Stunner Rifle, Freeze Rifle, Ionspray, Karasawa, Pulse Beam, Sonic Railgun, Sniper Rifle, Lightning Rifle, Unmaker, Bio-Cannon, Flamethrower, Repeater, Pyro-Cannon, Devastator and Redeemer.

While originally, this wasn't meant to replace NewMarin.wad (Fist, Pistol, Shotgun, Chainsaw, and Chaingun), some of the skins from there have been touched up on, and now it shouldn't be used in conjunction with it, or there would be some conflicts.

Download link: (Version 7)
http://www.wadhost.fathax.com/files/MarineSkinsV7.zip
http://files.drdteam.org/index.php/file ... kinsv7.zip
http://www.speedyshare.com/files/303791 ... kinsV7.zip

Changelog:

Code: Select all

Version 1:
-Initial release.

Version 2:
-Added Plasma Rifle, BFG9000, Minigun, Grenade Launcher, BFG10k, Dual-Pistols and Repeater Marines.

Version 3:
-Renamed from Xim's Skins to Marine Skins. Figured since they weren't all from Xim anymore, it was time for a change.
-Added Fist, Chainsaw, Pistol, Shotgun, Chaingun, Knife, Backpack, RevRocket, Freeze Rifle and Flamethrower Marines.
-Credits revised and added to a single lump.

Version 4:
-Added Sniper Rifle, new Minigun and Shoulder-Rocket Marines.
-Changed old Minigun Marine to Super-Chaingun Marine
-Slight credit revisions, for the pickup sprites they were from. If the credits are off a bit, just tell me.
-Added crouching sprites for the Chainsaw, Pistol, Shotgun, Super Shotgun, Chainsaw, Rocket Launcher, Plasma Rifle, BFG9000, Minigun, Grenade Launcher, Railgun, BFG10k, Sawed-Off, SMG, Machinegun, Super-Chaingun, Freeze Rifle, Sonic Railgun, Sniper Rifle, Unmaker, Flamethrower and Repeater Marines.

Version 4.1:
-Fixed a typo that broke the Flamethrower Marine.

Version 5:
-Added DE-Pistol, Quad-Shotgun, Land-mine, DE-Rocket Launcher, HRL, Stunner Rifle, Ionspray and Devastator Marines.
-Added crouching sprites for the Fist, DE-Pistol, Quad-Shotgun, DE-Rocket Launcher, HRL, Stunner Rifle, Ionspray and Devastator Marines.
-Fixed the offsets for the Chainsaw Marine's firing sprites, the Super Shotgun Marine's firing sprites, the Backpack Marine's firing sprites, the Sawed-Off Shotgun Marine's firing sprites and the Bazooka Marine's waking and firing sprites.
-Edited the A1 and B1 sprites of the Fist Marine (it had a third hand at its belt!).

Version 6:
-Added Auto-Shotgun, Carbine, Nailgun(MG), Plasma Beam, Karasawa, Lightning Rifle, Biocannon and Redeemer Marines.
-Added crouching sprites for the Auto-Shotgun, Carbine, Nailgun(MG), Land-mine Marine, Plasma Beam, Karasawa, Lightning Rifle, Biocannon and Redeemer Marines.
-Edited out the "third hand" in the A1 and B1 sprites of the Land-Mine and RevRocket Marines (can't believe I forgot those when I fixed the Fist Marine)
-Fixed up the death sprites for the Chainsaw, Pistol, Super Shotgun, Rocket Launcher, Plasma Rifle, BFG9000, Minigun, Grenade Launcher, Railgun, BFG10k, DE-Pistol, Sawed-Off, Quad-Shotgun, SMG, Doom 3 Machinegun, Super-Chaingun, DE-Rocket Launcher, Freeze Rifle, Sonic Railgun, Sniper Rifle, Flamethrower, Repeater and Devastator Marines (standing and crouching). Basically, pretty much all instances of the original DoomGuy rifle appearing on the sprite instead of the new weapon are now gone. This means nothing for the crouching sprites when used as skins, however (standing death is always used instead, since the player isn't crouching anymore), but it's done in case people want to use them for something else.

Version 7:
-Relabeled the Demon Eclipse Episode 1 weapons to Stronghold, in response to Eriance respriting of the Demon Eclipse E1 weapons.
-Added the SH-Chainsaw, SH-Shotgun, Assault Grenade, HellStorm Cannon, Pulse Beam and Pyro-Cannon Marines.
-Added crouching sprites for the Knife, SH-Chainsaw,  Dual-pistol, Backpack, SH-Shotgun, RevRocket, Shoulder-Rocket, Bazooka, Assault Grenade, HellStorm Cannon, Pulse Beam and Pyro-Cannon.
-Fixed the E5 crouching frame for the Chaingun Marine. (Can't believe I never noticed it was just a copy of one of the movement frames)
In the next version:

-Stuff
Currently working on:

-Nothing at the moment
If there are any problems, especially sprite naming conflicts with other wads, please tell me. If anyone would like to contribute a skin (either an actual skin, or a set for crouching sprites), just PM the final version of it to me.
Last edited by Ghastly_dragon on Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:25, edited 20 times in total.
dark-slayer-201

Re: Marine Skins - v4.1

Post by dark-slayer-201 »

Most of the marines with the 2 handed weapons such as Supershotgun and others, the right hand should go over top like the shotgun marine.
I'm just saying because it looks strange.
Anyway, good job.
Ghastly_dragon

Re: Marine Skins - v4.1

Post by Ghastly_dragon »

It's like that on the original marine sprites, but you're right, I'm doing that for the new skins I'm doing.

Anywho, updated to v5! Check the changelog on the first post for the changes.
Logan MTM

Re: Marine Skins - v5

Post by Logan MTM »

The Quad-Shotguns edit is awesome! :mrgreen:
So as you read this know my friends I'd love to stay with you all.
Please smile when you think of me. My body's gone that's all...
Tormentor667
Stronghold Team

Post by Tormentor667 »

Something I already wanted to suggest for a while now is to give more depth to the white chest of the Revenant-Marine. It looks really too flat compared to the green ones.
Alwique

Post by Alwique »

Those are great. Nice freezer/Haze Rifle.
wheee!!
Ghastly_dragon

Re: Marine Skins - v6

Post by Ghastly_dragon »

Updated to version 6! Several new skins added, and several tweaks to existing skins (especially death sprites).
Ghastly_dragon

Re: Marine Skins - v7

Post by Ghastly_dragon »

Updated to version 7! Added a few new skins, and crouching sprites for all the sets that didn't have any! :D
Enjay
Developer
Developer

Post by Enjay »

Heh, that's quite an effort you put in there. As well as being of use for multiplayer, if these had been available when I made "Marine Assault" it would have been very useful because it would have allowed the different enemy marines actually look like they were carrying the weapon they were firing at you.
NeuralStunner

Post by NeuralStunner »

Enjay wrote:[...] if these had been available when I made "Marine Assault" it would have been very useful because it would have allowed the different enemy marines actually look like they were carrying the weapon they were firing at you.
Why not update the old gem? :P
Dean Koontz wrote:Human beings can always be relied upon to exert, with vigor, their God-given right to be stupid.
Spoiler: System Specs

Return to “Releases”