Soulcrusher 1.3 - Now a cacowards runner-up!

Want to give your project a release? Stick it here. (Note: This forum should be for released projects only, not for works in progress - use the Projects forum for that!)

Soulcrusher 1.3 - Now a cacowards runner-up!

Post by Alter »

Warning: You'll need your latest gzdoom svn to get this thing running, get it from http://svn.drdteam.org/gzdoom/ Or try to use latest official gzdoom which has necessary features.

Hello dear lads, this is Soulcrusher, a mod that is somewhat between a partial and total conversion for gzdoom. Final version is officially out! Get it now, don't wait, just play it when you have time, I need your feedback for the bugfixes in the future. Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/cfrt0x6l5pobh2v/SCMain.zip

1.3 Update: https://www.dropbox.com/s/iu0kpbdhng9rq30/SCMain.wad

Changelog:
- Final boss dialogue works
- Final boss was made more fair, and the secret gun ACTUALLY works on him now.
- Final boss's area was redesigned to prevent some stupid bugs.
- STADMIN's gameplay flow has been improved a bit
- Sonic Gun no longer flashes when firing
- Last two levels now contain regenerating ammo.
- Fixed a bunch of visual bugs.
- Sniper Rifle's been partially buffed.

Content:
- It has 9 levels, 6 bosses, should keep you busy for a bit.
- There's a font bug you will notice but i have yet to find a fix for it.
- It's playable from start to the end.
- It's fairly balanced.

This mod won't be up on /idgames because while I can connect to it, I can't upload anything for some reason.

Maps, gameplay and various stuff was designed by me
Weapon graphics/some enemy graphics/music were done by Nmn while we still worked together, actually it was his work that inspired me to start something overwhelmingly big like this.

Below's the final trailer.
Spoiler: Screenies
Also here have two new screenshots!
Spoiler: New
Enjoy!

Here's a bonus little FAQ if you are curious about the details of this mod (It's spoilered because it's lengthy)
Spoiler: FAQ
Resource credits:
- Lameduke
- Freedoom
- Nmn
- Redneck Rampage
- System Shock
- Blood
- Gopher
- Doom 2.5
- All others which I forgot about.
Last edited by Alter on Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:33, edited 5 times in total.
Paul
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Re: Soulcrusher Final Version

Post by Paul »

Congratulations. That's all I can say. I'm affraid I'm too busy currently to even play through it :(

Post by Alter »

Paul wrote:Congratulations. That's all I can say. I'm affraid I'm too busy currently to even play through it :(
Take it easy friend, i'm gonna constantly push out updates anyway to fix some issues here and there, so I don't mind if you even play it a year later as long as you do. Note: it's FULLY freedoom compatible.

Post by Alter »

Things took faster than I thought and the 1.1 is out
Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3tbfjdoufj1a80e/SCMain.wad

Changelog:
- The secret gun no longer breaks boss's health bars, neither breaks the STATK boss.
- You no longer can jump out of the map on STATK
- A lot of HOMs
- Made the slot 7 gun stronger.
- One of final boss's attacks were bugged due strange default behavior of A_LOOKEX
And a lot more.

Things to come in 1.2:
- Dialogue boxes replacing current way the cutscenes are done.
- Spellchecking of the entire story.

Additional note for those who say Soulcrusher should have all-around custom graphics:
There's nothing I can do about it period, Nmn had left the doom community (or rather became unable to contribute) long time ago, I asked for help of likes like
Eriance and other zdoom artists but unfortunately got no help. So could you kindly deal with it?

Ps to Paul: I had to point it out to these peoplewho complained :P

Re: Soulcrusher 1.2

Post by Alter »

Bump, the 1.2 update is out. With that update (and most important issues being fixed), I have said it on other places I released the patch, but it's goodbye with doom modding, it's been some fun years but with my "magnum opus" out and fixed up. I'm still gonna check out what's here and there, but to create anything new, nope.

Don't even count on me coming back to creating more doom mods, this is as good as it's gonna get, especially the final boss which I consider the peak point of what I was able to learn over the years and pull off, i'm focusing on my real life right now (primarly college, gonna have another exams in a month) and besides, I would like to take a stab eventually at creating a real game, I want to learn to be self-sufficient.
Rachael
Developer
Developer

Post by Rachael »

Alter wrote: I have said it on other places I released the patch, but it's goodbye with doom modding
Well that is a darn shame. :(
Alter wrote: I would like to take a stab eventually at creating a real game, I want to learn to be self-sufficient.
Good luck! I hope real life treats you well and you get that opportunity. :)

Post by Alter »

Eruanna wrote:
Alter wrote: I have said it on other places I released the patch, but it's goodbye with doom modding
Well that is a darn shame. :(
Don't count me out yet, turns out I am bored without modding, there'll be a minor patch soon fixing two of most glaring issues related to the endgame. And most likely i'll be helping wrap TNT2 up for the december release.

Re: Soulcrusher 1.3 released!

Post by Alter »

BUMP, new update.

Re: Soulcrusher 1.3 released!

Post by Alter »

http://www.doomworld.com/20years/best3.php < Yup Soulcrusher's officially a cacowards runner-up now.

IN short, i'm happy.
Arch

Re: Soulcrusher 1.3 - Now a cacowards runner-up!

Post by Arch »

Congrats!! :D

Return to “Releases”