[FOSS] Bootless Star

Want to give your project a release? Stick it here. (Note: This forum should be for released projects only, not for works in progress - use the Projects forum for that!)
Tiger
Developer
Developer

Re: [FOSS] Bootless Star

Post by Tiger »

I have recently revived this topic a bit, the links should be working as expected. In addition, for those interested, I spent a greater part of the day writing documentation for this project.

Keep in mind, that this project is no longer in the evolution phases anymore.

Enjoy.
Nicholas 'Tiger' Gautier
Tiger
Developer
Developer

Re: [FOSS] Bootless Star

Post by Tiger »

Just thought to let everyone know that as of today - this software is no longer being supported1.

So what happens here?
  • For those that still utilize the Doom Builder 2 compiler, Doom Builder 64, and the GZDoom Builder, this software will still work just perfectly fine - at least at the time of which I am writing this. Though, the end-user might have to perform some minor tweaks in the settings to bypass version control functionality (SVN) - or simply turn it off, the compiler's should still perform just fine.
  • For those that are still living in alternative 1985 and using the DeLorean (such as myself!), this program will still work just fine - even on the Windows 10 platform. However, the DeLorean is not quite dead. There does exist plans to modernize the DeLorean into C# using the .NET 4.5 foundation. Though, unfortunately, a timeline does not presently exist when the development will be active or an estimated time of completion.
For those that want to get Knee Deep in Batch:
  • One of the biggest plans I had - atleast right before the Bootless Star v.1.5 - was to shift into libraries that can be accessible outside of the core foundation and completely usable within the project scripts (omitting external scripts). The main reason why I never accomplished this myself was due to time, effort, and lack of motivation - the program did want I wanted and I was not in the mood to dismantle the program again for the fourth time. However, if anyone wants to give this a try - feel free! The core is as rock solid as I can get it - atleast there's no obvious issues, thus upgrading its internal instructions shouldn't be that trivial other than modifying its logic.
Nicholas 'Tiger' Gautier

Return to “Releases”