TGRDM3_Textures

Want to give your project a release? Stick it here. (Note: This forum should be for released projects only, not for works in progress - use the Projects forum for that!)
NeoHippo

TGRDM3_Textures

Post by NeoHippo »

Is there a newer release than TGRDM3_Textures-r1116.7z?
I played DarkStone-r721m and there are some missing textures.
Spoiler:
A thumbs up for how you made the teleporter.
Just one quibble though, in AbandonedMisery-r1186, the texture of one teleporter is acting up when viewed from the far side of the hallway:
Spoiler:
When entering the big room, the texture snaps back to show the correct mirror.
Tiger
Developer
Developer

Re: TGRDM3_Textures

Post by Tiger »

Hallo, sorry - for no expeditious reply, I just saw this thread.

I've moved from Subversion on a private box to GitHub, so all the project's resources can be located here. The only draw back is that I have not yet created documentation as to how to compile the project, despite being royally easy - I have not yet gotten to it as of yet.

In addition, that teleporter issue is a known bug, but I am not sure how I can resolve it. If anyone knows how I can resolve it, let me know.
Nicholas 'Tiger' Gautier
NeoHippo

Post by NeoHippo »

I looked at the github site, all I could find about textures is this
Spoiler:
which is not all that helpful. :cry:
Rachael
Developer
Developer

Post by Rachael »

Did you do a repo pull? If it's what I think it is, all you have to do is zip the entire folder structure into a pk3 and then go.
NeoHippo

Post by NeoHippo »

Eruanna wrote:...., all you have to do .....
Oh, it's that simple :D :D

Perhaps one day I'll find out how simple it is to do that.
Rachael
Developer
Developer

Post by Rachael »

https://github.com/SibTiger/TGRDM3/archive/master.zip

You can just take the resulting .zip file extract the textures, and you've got something workable. That should be enough to help you with what you need, hopefully.
Tiger
Developer
Developer

Post by Tiger »

If you want to compile the project into a pk3 for playability or assets, you'll need Bootless Star and compile the TGRDM3 compiler (DO NOT TOUCH THE COMPILER MAP!). The TGRDM3 compiler only works with Bootless Star, so you'll need to put the compiler in the 'Project Modules'. Afterwards, when running the TGRDM3 compiler, you'll need to setup the directory path. TGRDM3 Compiler must point to the root of the local copy directory which contains the compiler_map.bat. Once that is done, you can then quickly generate builds. Though, the compiler is held together with duct tape, I need to update it -- ignore instances of SVN and SVN fetching.

I am not certain if Eruanna's approach will work, I never tried it and never had that in mind in creating the filesystem. However, if it works for you - then great! I'll worry about creating documentation on these matters later, my main focus is on the maps.
Nicholas 'Tiger' Gautier
Rachael
Developer
Developer

Post by Rachael »

Tiger wrote:I am not certain if Eruanna's approach will work, I never tried it and never had that in mind in creating the filesystem. However, if it works for you - then great! I'll worry about creating documentation on these matters later, my main focus is on the maps.
I've found out the hard way that it didn't work. I did not know Bootless Star would be needed.

I suppose, if later on I have some time, I could compile it myself and post the result.
NeoHippo

Post by NeoHippo »

All I was after was the resource wad.

So, after downloading TGRDM3-master.zip I found out that the only difference was _UNKNOWN.png :roll:
I'll just replace the missing textures with something I think would be appropriate as I play the maps.

I must say again that I really like the way that you made those teleporters.
Tiger
Developer
Developer

Post by Tiger »

I'm sorry, the resource PWAD was created to keep openness available as much as possible and also allow the maps to be playable - as I had the SVN repo in a private box. Now that everything is on GitHub, I don't really need to build an asset PWAD again -- That PWAD takes too much time to build as its not entirely like the one I utilize for level development. You can generate an asset archive file, if you are able to get the TGRDM3 Compiler working. But keep in mind that textures will never be included in the asset package anymore, you will need to direct GZDoom Builder to use the textures directory.

Additionally, the _UNKNOWN.png is merely GZDoom Builder's unknown texture. You can substitute them with ASHWALL2 if you wanted too; you can streamline the UDMF ASCII file and replenish _UNKNOWN to ASHWALL2, I doubt much harm will happen if done properly.
Nicholas 'Tiger' Gautier
Tiger
Developer
Developer

Post by Tiger »

Don't tell anyone that this exists ;)

I'll automatically remove that link within ~48hrs

In the meantime, I am going to listen to this song
Nicholas 'Tiger' Gautier
Rachael
Developer
Developer

Post by Rachael »

Tiger - <3
That is all.

This mapset really is quite beautiful. I am so terribly sorry that I never got a chance to experience it when development on it was actually active.
Tiger
Developer
Developer

Post by Tiger »

Eruanna wrote:I am so terribly sorry that I never got a chance to experience it when development on it was actually active.
Hmm? When did the development died? As far as I am concerned, in the coming months there will be an open beta for everyone to try out and share feedback. If anything, you caught it in the right time. ;)
Nicholas 'Tiger' Gautier
Rachael
Developer
Developer

Post by Rachael »

Oh, I didn't know. >_> I thought when you asked me to archive those forums that you had stopped working on it.
Tiger
Developer
Developer

Post by Tiger »

Well, okay - you're right. I think that Macro-economics pushed me into depression -- hearing how Microsoft employees are considered unemployed as they don't generate RGDP and NGDP and software development is a giant waste of time, perhaps that just steered me the wrong way - - yet I was forced to obey... But to be honest, no matter how many times I kill this project and try to let it die, I always come back to it. I have been working on this project since 2007, letting it die always simply kills myself and places me into a depressionable state. You could argue that I have an attachment to it, and I think you would be right.

As of right now, I currently have 6 out of 10 maps ready and exceeded the 50% completion rate, this project only has direction now - and its not stopping.
Nicholas 'Tiger' Gautier

Return to “Releases”