Update DB2!!

Discuss the hosted development builds here.
[Home]

Moderator: Dev Builds Team

Nash
Developer
Developer

Re: Update DB2!!

Post by Nash »

Do Gez's configurations work flawlessly with the latest version? I haven't upgraded yet because I'm afraid my configurations won't work anymore...
Xtyfe

Post by Xtyfe »

No they don't :(
Tiger
Developer
Developer

Post by Tiger »

Xtyfe wrote:No they don't :(
What exactly is wrong with the configuration sets? If it is something small and quick to patch, I am sure Gez would approve of a fix release (when asked, of course).
Nicholas 'Tiger' Gautier
Gez
Developer
Developer

Post by Gez »

Feel free to do any update you want.
Nash
Developer
Developer

Post by Nash »

What exactly isn't working? Can't they be loaded at all? A ton of errors? Or what?

I'm glad I didn't upgrade yet...
Xtyfe

Post by Xtyfe »

From what i can see aside from being out of date, Gez's configs seem to be written differently than the ones done by CodeImp. That seems to be why there are errors, the error messages seem to suggest that they can't find something within them.
Gez
Developer
Developer

Post by Gez »

There are conflicting files in the includes folder. You have to overwrite the standard DB2 ones with mine.

It's pretty much why I stopped maintaining them. CodeImp said he wouldn't adopt my files and I haven't felt motivated to adapt my system to the existing stuff.
NeoHippo

Post by NeoHippo »

I have used Gez's configs since when he made them available. So, I simply copied/pasted them from r1429 to r1470. No problems. But, as he mentioned, only use the configs for what you map for, or else it takes a long time for DB2 to come up.

r1470 still has an old set of ACS files. They need to be updated with files from acc.acs-r3184.zip.
CodeImp

Post by CodeImp »

1485 is a good version to make a build from. It contains the new floor and ceiling align modes which the user has to enable first before they will be visible. From this point on I don't think I will be adding many more features in the near future, just bugfixes.
Tiger
Developer
Developer

Post by Tiger »

CodeImp wrote:1485 is a good version to make a build from. It contains the new floor and ceiling align modes which the user has to enable first before they will be visible.
Sounds good! I'll try to make the batch program and compile that build.
Nicholas 'Tiger' Gautier
Tiger
Developer
Developer

Post by Tiger »

I was originally hoping to get this done today, but it might take a bit longer than what I expected.

Nicholas 'Tiger' Gautier
Tiger
Developer
Developer

Post by Tiger »

I've greatly escalated the internal debugger with a new detection system and implemented system variable recall (mainly if something really screws up in the .bat itself the system vars will still work, thus it will be easy to tell that the bat vars were never set). Thanks to the new detection system, this greatly helped me on finding the bugs that I was struggling with yesterday!

I am getting closer :)

EDIT: This program can now compile DB2 \:D/!

TODO List:
  • Win5.1 Support [FallBack_Support]; currently, this only works with Win6 and Win6.1 - NEEDS TESTING WITH Win5 &&||or Win5.1!!! Done, but not ready
  • Allow the program to really check the leader var for extended compiling of other features -Done
  • Write a better shitty ToS/Don't Sue Me clause - Done
  • Remove custom vars (TGRHTMLSlave, ISEEWHATYOUDIDTHARLULZ) - Done
  • Check for SlimDX - Requires third-party to check the GAC; currently will not be implemented.
  • Copy .\build dir inito a new dir .\"Doom Builder 2 SVN" and expunge all newly made changes in .\build - Done
  • Intensive testing
EDIT 2 [19Dez.2011] Strickthrough the tasks that are done.
Last edited by Tiger on Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:19, edited 4 times in total.
Nicholas 'Tiger' Gautier
CodeImp

Post by CodeImp »

Wow. Don't you think you are making it more complicated than needed? Oh well, it's your spare time, do with it as you like :P
Nash
Developer
Developer

Post by Nash »

I need the r1485 binaries so badly for the GZDoom floor/ceiling pan/rotate/scale!!! D:
CodeImp

Post by CodeImp »

1486 is better, I did some fixes. The comments on each revision can give you a good hint as to which is a good revision to build from. Usually the latest, but a comment saying "work in progress" definitely means it is useless.

Return to “Development Builds”