List of Over-Used Resources

Do you have a question about making weapon mods, or do you just need some tutorials and resources? Ask about all of that here.

Moderator: wildweasel

MasterOFDeath

Post by MasterOFDeath »

WW already ripped the mag60 some time ago I think. I used to have the rip ages ago, WW probaly has it.
wildweasel
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by wildweasel »

The mag60 I ripped was from Turok 2, not Rage Wars. I believe TDA modifed and used it in one of his early mods.
MasterOFDeath

Post by MasterOFDeath »

I thought he said T2 o_O damn my eyes.

Yeah I remember TDA using it now. Been too long.
MartinHowe

Post by MartinHowe »

Zero Prophet wrote:And another one that somehow slipped our fingers -- Counterstrike rips! We've all seen these sons of bitches for far too long... ;)
Ooh, controversial here :) I *love* the CS weapons, just wish somebody would do a cleaner rip of them.
NeoWorm wrote:(Wraithverge)
That's a bit like telling somebody "You won a £1,000,000 on the lottery" and being answered "Naa don't want to be rich, been done already" :) You can't overuse the WraithVerge... it's the coolest original id/raven weapon :) (IMO)

And regarding CW's stuff: dt-*.wad is OK to rip (so the text files say), IC is not (ditto).
Lioyd_Irving

Post by Lioyd_Irving »

Another overused resource is the sawed-off shotgun from Blood.
Jack the Ripper, Charles Manson and Adolf Hitler all drank water. You criminal scum !
Enjay
Developer
Developer

Post by Enjay »

OK, it's not a weapon, but it's getting on my wick, so I'm mentioning it here: that floating Half-Baron Afrit thing seems to crop up in every bloody WAD these days. :x
yellowmadman

Re: List of Over-Used Resources

Post by yellowmadman »

mmm, the BFG remodels.

Too many of them, I dont care how they fire, how powerful they are, how big they are, it just makes it feel like WRW again!

And I hate guns that are insanely....rediculous. Guns that fire a billion projectiles at once for example.
Or ones that just do a whole bunch of need little over powered tricks that freeze your computer up for 10 seconds and killed every enemy in the level! (IE the gun in WRW that made the weird noise and looked like a BFG with balls spinning in the middle. YOu shoot, and when the projectile hit the wall, a bunch more exploded from it.

Return to “Weapon Modding Help & Resources”