[RES][G]2 brand new shotguns

Do you have a question about making weapon mods, or do you just need some tutorials and resources? Ask about all of that here.

Moderator: wildweasel

Paul
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

[RES][G]2 brand new shotguns

Post by Paul »

Sometime ago I attempted at making a supar project named Shrill, but it didn't pull from the ground (instead of rehashing all elements of it, and cutting out the Doom crap, like imps, I've decided to cancel this early project and incorporate most of it's elements elsewhere.. *cough* Rone *cough* which appears to gather more attention. yeah, like all of my projects are top secrat ;) ). Here are 2 really nice weapons I've done for the first area of Shrill (the map will prolly be released as a Doomy thing though). The other guns (mostly edits of my old stuff, plus a crappy uzi, are worthless of a release IMO) These are 2 large shotguns-a single barrel futuristic (Doom3 inspired) pumpy and a Serious Sam 2 inspired huge-recoil dual barrel monster. One features 8 anim framez, other one .. 12 :shock: Pickups included.

Previews:

Also note the guns have hands with black leather fingerless gloves on. It was done so the guns would fit with a couple of Hacx resources.
You'll have to doomify the hands I'm afraid, though, but it shouldn't be hard /me thinks. Just slap a brown silhoute of palms on a multiply layer over the hands.

Linkage. Enjoy.
http://paul.drdteam.org/Stuff/Shrill_Shotguns.zip
(Yesss! It's a zip. Because da man Graf Zahl saiz that rars are bad bad. Ok, I'm stopping this insanity :) )
Snarboo

Post by Snarboo »

Very nice. I might check this out later, as I'm working on a top secret project of my own, but with a different visual style than the weapons you posted.
Marty Kirra

Post by Marty Kirra »

Wow, those are really nice! The first one has a really cool and simple design, while that double barrel has the most complex design I've ever seen. Nice work.
Enjay
Developer
Developer

Post by Enjay »

These are 2 very nice shotguns. Very, very nice.

Question: Will the frame with the single shotgun in its almost vertical position cause any problems? eg, what happens if the player fires when the gun is at the bottom of its swing? Will it be possible to see the top cut-off edge of the graphic? Should it be taller than 200 pixels?
Paul

Post by Paul »

Actually.. you may be correct.. In that case either omit the frame or use Weapon.dontbob. Sorry, next time I'll be more careful with this stuff :(
Doomed Soul

Post by Doomed Soul »

Pretty...
ellmo

Post by ellmo »

OMIGOSH, your skills are godlike.
Those shotguns may be models, but they are ripped and pixelated perfectly. I don't know how the hell you did that arm, but those weapons are absolutely fabulous. Especially the second one with this cog-wheel design. Would definitely fit into some kind of Painkiller mod.
Paul

Post by Paul »

Actually I think the little one is better because the recoil isn't so fuxed (the Double Barrel shotgun doesn't bump it's barrels up, despite making it fly to the screen, which looks like pure shit and pissess me off).

The hands were modified Action Doom stuff, or painted (depends).

And thanks all :)
Chronoteeth

Post by Chronoteeth »

Hmm, reading the shrill page on the zdoom up and coming, apperantly you've completed all the weapons for this canned project. Could you share them with us if you want?
Paul

Post by Paul »

By completed I meant the coding. See I usually work on rips and then replace crap with my custom stuff (programming/decorating first, then graphics). The rest of the stuff, IMO, isn't really worth sharing as they are Eriance's stuff with some recolors.
DoomRater

Post by DoomRater »

Pardon my fanbubbliness but asghaetkjsdhlakrdgrgkjnbalskgxzbnmfgb (staredrooooool)
Xaser
Developer
Developer

Post by Xaser »

A bit of a bump, but WHOA!!! I haven't seen any decent shotgun graphics in quite a while and these, my friends, take the cake. I do tend to like the single barrel a bit more... and the hands are perfect as well. This weapon fits absolutely perfect with a few plans of mine... :P

NMN, you rule without question. :P
Paul

Post by Paul »

Compliments from the author of the mighty Zen Dynamics undoubtly warm my heart and boost my motivation to make more guns. :)
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

I thought these weapons were pretty good when I looked at them in Irfanview - but seeing them in action just makes them way better. I might actually use these in a project of mine.
Paul

Post by Paul »

What can I say? Yay multie-framed weapons ;)

Return to “Weapon Modding Help & Resources”