Random Resources Wot I've Found/Ripped Etc.

Do you have a question about making weapon mods, or do you just need some tutorials and resources? Ask about all of that here.

Moderator: wildweasel

The Kins

Random Resources Wot I've Found/Ripped Etc.

Post by The Kins »

Sometimes I find interesting things, rip them and stash them away for later. Because I'm nice, I'll post them here for you all!

Sounds from Wolfenstein 3D For Mac
Incomplete rip, but all the weapons and some other nice sounds. You may have heard a bunch of these in Wolfendoom, but these are at a higher bitrate.

Q2TEST Heads
Unlike the full version of Quake 2, the public beta release had a head on the hud next to your health, which acted just like in the original Quake. These will need some touching up before using, due to the resolution, but they're there. Which is nice.

Sounds from MGS3
INCREDIBLY incomplete (there's thousands of sounds, hundreds of which are repeats, and I have to manually set the play speed on each one!) but these are ripped directly from the game files, so there's no background noise.

Sounds from Super Smash Bros. Melee
Again, ripped directly from the game disc and with a few little glitches from the converter I used fixed. Filenames are pretty disorganised, but whacha gonna do? This is all the sounds that aren't in some why tied to a character.

Sounds from Goldeneye 64
Most of the sounds you'd be interested in. I still need to do the doors though. Ripped directly from the ROM data.

Hope these help in some way!
wildweasel
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by wildweasel »

The Goldeneye and Mac Wolf3D stuff is stuff that I've been wanting to rip for a really long time. I was always a little miffed that the existing Mac Wolf rips are downsampled, and was always meaning to try and re-rip them (but alas, ResEdit never would cooperate with me).

[edit] Oh, if you've managed to rip the Goldeneye sounds, do you know if the sounds in Perfect Dark are in the same format?
The Kins

Post by The Kins »

wildweasel wrote:[edit] Oh, if you've managed to rip the Goldeneye sounds, do you know if the sounds in Perfect Dark are in the same format?
Unfortunately not: Using the same program only got me some instruments and one of the body thud sounds.
The Kins

Post by The Kins »

Random HUD Art
I think this was based off something from Blood.

Doom steel flat, and Duke3D message font.
Doomed Soul

Post by Doomed Soul »

Cool....post more please! Lotz more! No pressure.
The Kins

Post by The Kins »

Sounds from UFO: Enemy Unknown
This is pretty much all the sounds from the Battlescape mode of the first XCOM game.
Paul
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by Paul »

Very leet.
DuduKrazy

Post by DuduKrazy »

where i can download the Q2 Public beta?
The Kins

Post by The Kins »

Enjay
Developer
Developer

Post by Enjay »

Hey, thanks. I'd never seen that before. Very interesting. Quite obviously a few things unfinished or not working quite right yet. Glad they re-worked a lot of the sounds for the final version.
The Kins

Post by The Kins »

Heh, yeah, all the "original" three quake games have public beta tests. I should dive into the others and see what I come out with...
The Kins

Post by The Kins »

New HUD!

Edited from the HUD of Q1TEST. Make your own damn FRAGS and number icons, I don't play DM and can never get custom numbers to look right :)
BlazingPhoenix

Post by BlazingPhoenix »

Say! Do you think you could rip Jet Force Gemini sounds?
The Kins

Post by The Kins »

Silver Sonic wrote:Say! Do you think you could rip Jet Force Gemini sounds?
That would require a shitload of effort for minimal result, I'm afraid - I want them too but it's FAR from easy to get decent rips without background noise.
DuduKrazy

Post by DuduKrazy »

one more question. i was reading the Doomguy article at Wikipedia and i see that there's a Q2 mod that allows you to play with original characters, weapons, and enemies from Wolfenstein 3D, Doom 2, and Quake. What's the name of this mod? where i can download it?

Return to “Weapon Modding Help & Resources”