Making an Assault Rifle like the one in ICD-ZD

Do you have a question about making weapon mods, or do you just need some tutorials and resources? Ask about all of that here.

Moderator: wildweasel

lizardcommando

Making an Assault Rifle like the one in ICD-ZD

Post by lizardcommando »

How would i make an assault rifle like the one in Immoral Conduct: Zdoom Edition via Dehacked? It is going to replace the Plasmagun. I also want the
Assault Rifle to have a different firing sound but have it act like a stronger version of a chaingun. I hope that was clear enough explanation.

Also, how would I be able to make an RPG-7 like the one in MGS3? That is, I want it so that the RPG shoots and it has to reload every shot. How would I do this via Dehacked?
Zeg-Vok

Post by Zeg-Vok »

Stronger? as in more powerfull bullets, not with DeHackEd

I havent played much Immoral Conduct, so I cant help you with the 1st question, although to be honset, you really can't do much with Dehacked
Snarboo

Re: Making an Assault Rifle like the one in ICD-ZD

Post by Snarboo »

lizardcommando wrote:Also, how would I be able to make an RPG-7 like the one in MGS3? That is, I want it so that the RPG shoots and it has to reload every shot. How would I do this via Dehacked?
This I know how to do, even without having touched Dehacked! Essentially, you just make it like the shotguns in vanilla Doom. Basically, after firing, it does the "pump" (or in your case, reload) animation for the RPG. The super shotgun would probably be the best weapon to replace, as it has the most frames of any weapon. Shouldn't be too hard. Try examining the original weapon scripts in Dehacked.
Zeg-Vok

Post by Zeg-Vok »

The Pistol has something like 7 frames in its firing sequence
wildweasel
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by wildweasel »

If you need more frames, try setting the Pain Elemental's respawn frame to 0 (since it doesn't use its frames anyway) and using frame 720+ as extra frames.
lizardcommando

Post by lizardcommando »

Hehe, I should have locked this topic actually. I've decided to forget about Dehacked and go with Decorate. Now, as for changing how strong a weapon is via Decorate, how do I do that?
Doomed Soul

Post by Doomed Soul »

-_-' You make NEW weapons with DECORATE yo. Or do some thing like:

ACTOR AssaultRifleThing : ChainGun
"Insert all that other crap here"

And just make a new firing frame...although it will use the same sprites as the chaingun if you do it that way...just make a new weapon. it's easier...
lizardcommando

Post by lizardcommando »

No shit you can make new weapons in DECORATE. I know that! I've been reading over the DECORATE tutorial and just figured out how to change the strength on the weapons.
wildweasel
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by wildweasel »

Alright if I lock this?

Return to “Weapon Modding Help & Resources”