[RES] [G] Daggerfall Resources (MASSIVE amount of stuff)

Do you have a question about making weapon mods, or do you just need some tutorials and resources? Ask about all of that here.

Moderator: wildweasel

jute

[RES] [G] Daggerfall Resources (MASSIVE amount of stuff)

Post by jute »

Here's a link to every single graphic from Daggerfall. It includes TONS of monsters, weapons, textures, and other objects. It has 41 different monsters, a lot of different medieval weapons (sword, dagger, mace, flail, warhammer, axe, bow), most with several different attack animations, as well as magical attacks. It has graphics and flora for everything from swampland to desert to rainforest to mountains. It has textures for (medieval) cities, graveyards, dungeons, taverns, wizard's towers, etc. It even has animated skies for sun/moon-rise/set from both East and West! The file includes all the menu and paperdoll inventory graphics as well.

Here's the link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9AVUYT86

Here are some of the enemies and weapons. The weapons would be ideal for any sort of medieval mod.

And here are some further links with screenshots and info:
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Daggerfall
http://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/elder ... creenshots
wildweasel
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by wildweasel »

Thanks for posting this here! This stuff would come in really handy for more than just medieval/Heretic/Hexen conversions, if you ask me...especially most of the undead/monsters.
jute

Post by jute »

Oh yeah. There's an incredible amount of stuff here. Textures for everything from desert cities to snowy mountains, all kinds of plants/barrels/other decorations, tons of items, monsters, etc. A lot of the enemies have multiple attacks: short range, long range, and magic. There are multiple punches, kicks, and werewolf attacks too.

I'm really tired of seeing so much use of the same resources (including vanilla ones at this point!) and there's enough here for hundreds of wads.

By the way, is this the only part of this forum I should post this in? It has a lot more than weapons, but I wasn't sure how things usually work here.
wildweasel
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by wildweasel »

Um, well, there really isn't any other place around here to post resources...but hell, we need the activity around here (I need to make a news post!)...
ravagefox

Re: [RES] [G] Daggerfall Resources (MASSIVE amount of stuff)

Post by ravagefox »

I've gone through these resources and I've noticed a couple things.
1) Individual groups (and individual sprites) are all arranged into folders. This makes it a pain in the butt to sort through (there's also a lot of duplicates.)
2) Some of the sprites seem corrupted or messed up. Some enemy sprites are for some reason only in colored silhouettes instead of the full sprites. Others have glitched pixels that are pretty obvious. (I don't know if this came from the way you ripped them or if they're that way in the data file)
3)I think there may be some sprites missing from the list, like for the bow hud spries

All in all though, this is a very awesome resource and will most definitely come in handy. :D
InsanityBringer

Re: [RES] [G] Daggerfall Resources (MASSIVE amount of stuff)

Post by InsanityBringer »

Missing sprites seem to be the result of the utility used to rip these (in particular for some weapons it can't extract all frames for some reason)

If you also look, a few of the monster angle sprites are a little smaller than the front sprite. Looking at in daggerfall though shows that they just scaled these broken angles to compensate.

And I think the solid colored monsters are cloaked monsters.

Return to “Weapon Modding Help & Resources”