I have been looking through the ZDooM Wiki and these forums for information that will help me with the following:
- 1. I want to replace the fist with a melee weapon (such as a lead pipe, wrench, or crowbar).
2. I want the new weapon to have the same power as a berserk fist.
I have read this thread
but want to streamline the definition. I will only be using four animation frames - the equivalent of PUNGA0, PUNGB0, PUNGC0, PUNGD0 (I will change the sprite names, of course). Simply replacing the berserk pickup with my replacement weapon will not do, as I don't want the screen turning to the red color (i.e., Powerup.Color 255,0,0,0.5).
Please tell me if the following is the way to proceed:
- 1. I will need to create a new powerup type [e.g., PowerStrength, but minus the Powerup.Color].
2. I will need to create the CustomInventory for the new weapon [e.g., Berserk with the modified PowerStrength minus the HealThing (100, 0)].
3. Create a Weapon definition for the new weapon that works like the fist.
Is there a simpler way? Furthermore, where does PowerupGiver figure in all this, and will I need to create a new definition under that?