XWE Beta Version

Do you have a question about making weapon mods, or do you just need some tutorials and resources? Ask about all of that here.

Moderator: wildweasel

wildweasel
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

XWE Beta Version

Post by wildweasel »

Since it's not on the main XWE page, and it took me a while to find a link to it in the Doomworld forum, I'm posting a direct link here:

http://ca.geocities.com/xwe@rogers.com/xwe_beta.zip

This is guaranteed to be the latest beta version of XWE. It's more stable than before, adds many features, and I have no clue why Csabo hasn't updated his page with it yet since he doesn't seem to mind posting links to it everywhere.

Keep in mind that this requires you to already have a copy of XWE extracted to your hard drive. The beta releases only contain the main EXE file.
Wolf3DFan15

Post by Wolf3DFan15 »

If any one has any problems with XWE and Vista, right click XWE component and click run as administrator, that usally fixes it.
yellowmadman

Re: XWE Beta Version

Post by yellowmadman »

Im sorry, but I hate XWE. It has braught me nothing but frustration. I download the "newest version" every time, and it ruins my wads, mixes everything up, does everything wrong.

Today, I tried merging the sawedoffwad and wrw wad, instead of doing so and making them get along without one cancling the other, it makes them one giant file that takes forever to load, and makes the sawed off shotgun never appear unless I summon it, and I still am unable to use it!
wildweasel
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by wildweasel »

Bear in mind XWE has not been updated in probably more than two years, roughly older than the previous post in this thread. That being said, maybe this should be unpinned.
Gez
Developer
Developer

Post by Gez »

Yeah, especially given how the link is now useless anyway (Geocities has closed down a while ago already, any link to a Geocities site is effectively dead).

Return to “Weapon Modding Help & Resources”