ugh, how do I fix this issue?

Do you have a question about making weapon mods, or do you just need some tutorials and resources? Ask about all of that here.

Moderator: wildweasel

yellowmadman

ugh, how do I fix this issue?

Post by yellowmadman »

For my first wad,map, everything, I am making a wolfenstein TC.

I was using the weapons resource wad, and a sawed off shot gun wad as well as weasels ww-ana wad for enemies ( I was gonna credit you, unless you still would rather me not do that)

but you see, these wads do not get along with each other, and the main victim is the sawed off. Without this, I cannot find anything too fun about this wad. I love the blood shot gun and works nice in a wolf TC.

What happens is this ( i am using doom builder.)

Either A. I have the shotgun but little to no things required from the wrw can show up
or B. I can pick up shotgun, but when I move to a different slot, I can not take it back out again. And when I type in "give all" it gives me all of wrw's crap, and the shotgun is still not there.

Everything else works fine.........until I try to play the wad I made (well the map right now). It is just doom 2, with doom enemies, textures, and weapons. So wtf is going on? everything is screwed over.
Gez
Developer
Developer

Re: ugh, how do I fix this issue?

Post by Gez »

First off, these weapons are very old! Their code may need some cleanup and adjustments.

Secondly, you will need to give them slots.
yellowmadman

Post by yellowmadman »

Gez wrote:First off, these weapons are very old! Their code may need some cleanup and adjustments.

How do I do both the things you mentioned through doombuilder if I can. Please do not say I need to use XWE again for anything! They work well but a few wrw weapons will not show up on the map, and when I get them to, then the sawed off vanishes from the shotgun slot and I am unable to take it out. Some weapons on wrw and the sawed off work well with eachother, and dont cancle one another out. However, one thing from wrw I really want is that heavy rifle, but it does not work properly. nor the PPK.
yellowmadman

Post by yellowmadman »

Gez wrote:First off, these weapons are very old! Their code may need some cleanup and adjustments.

well s*** it is also a lil too late now :( XWE screwed up the wrw wad AND the sawedoff shotgun, and merged them. And I have no idea where i found that sawedoffshotgun.

Return to “Weapon Modding Help & Resources”